Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lash sorcerer - 125 points.

Slaneesh Lord with Powerweapon - 110 points.

7 Noise Marines, Champion with Doom Siren & Powerfist, 6 Sonic Blasters, Rhino - 260 points.

7 Noise Marines, Champion with Doom Siren & Powerfist, 6 Sonic Blasters, Rhino - 260 points.

7 Noise Marines, Champion with Doom Siren & Powerweapon, 6 Sonic Blasters, Rhino - 260 points.

Defiler with Twin-linked Lascannon & additional Close Combat Arm - 170 points.

Defiler with Twin-linked Lascannon & additional Close Combat Arm - 170 points.

2 Obliterators - 150 points.

It's intended as a semi-competitve list, hence the lack of princes and the like. Basically Noise Marines head in using the Rhinos with the Defilers moving along the flanks laying down cover fire. The Obliterators will deep strike in behind the enemy and cause some mischief.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Never, ever, ever, ever, evereverever Deep Strike Obliterators.

i know DS makes you look like a Pro, and The idea of it is Cool... But If you don't have 2 Obliterators on the board on turn 1, You'll suffer.

I learnt this lesson the hard way; through many games DS'ing them, and never once did it benefit me.

Never take a Defiler that ISN'T set up with 4x DCCW. You can't fire the Lascannon AND the Battlecannon; And seeing as the Battlecannon is basically irreplaceable , so the Lascannon becomes irrelevant.
And when you lose the Battlecannon; You wanna scream the name of the Blood God, and throw it forward and Fleet-Assault.

You might aswell find some points to make 'em Princes... Sorcerers suck. You'd have to move the NM's up to be able to get the Sorc and Lord into range of being useful, losing the gun line, as NM's being Charged is absolutely hilarious to watch (They get completely battered). Whereas you can pretty much throw a Daemon Prince anywhere and it'll throw it's weight around abit.

You might just want to stick with a Normal/Boring as fuck LashOblit thing :\ As much as I hate to suggest it... But it's the only way to effectively Run a Slaanesh list.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
if this list is for the weekly get together games i think its fine

i do agree with ROT for the defilers though

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might aswell find some points to make 'em Princes... Sorcerers suck. You'd have to move the NM's up to be able to get the Sorc and Lord into range of being useful, losing the gun line, as NM's being Charged is absolutely hilarious to watch (They get completely battered). Whereas you can pretty much throw a Daemon Prince anywhere and it'll throw it's weight around abit.
I often use a Lash sorcerer as my HQ and I've no complaints about him. Embedding him in a unit is a great way to make use of Lash of Submission since it helps keep the unit out of trouble.

Noise Marines are outstanding units, easily one of the most underrated units in the CSM codex. With a sorcerer to help prevent them being charged (walkers are a danger though) they can effectively pick and choose their fights. In addition what could be more hysterical than a Noise Championtaking out a Hammerhead with a Doom Siren?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
what could be more hysterical than a Noise Championtaking out a Hammerhead with a Doom Siren?
A Hammerhead taking out a squad of Noise Marines by Blowing up their Rhino in 1 hit. That shit would be funny.
:laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts