Hello ladies and mentlegen!
This is the other project I intend to get started on today. The rulebook and models just arrived today, and I intend to get started on putting things together over the weekend.
However, it occurred to me you guys might actually have questions. So consider this first post the obligatory FAQ, as I attempt to answer some of the obvious questions as best as I can.
What is Warzone: Resurrection?
Warzone: Ressurection is the end product of a successful Kickstarter campaign funded just over a year ago. The game so far has caught my attention for it's factions and it's pricing - essentially, the game itself can best be described as "40K on a budget" - and I mean that in the best possible way. The models are much cheaper, and the game's points tend to focus on smaller, more efficient armies than titanic conflicts of massive armies (for example, most of the Main Battle Tanks each faction has cost twice as much as a Vanilla Land Raider points wise).
The game itself is actually a reboot of the original - called Warzone - and both are set within the "Mutant Chronicles" setting. I've not had a chance to read up on much, but for now the best way to describe the setting is "40K, but a little less grimdark, a lot less grimderp and some rather colourful hats."
What is this log for?
Originally, I was just going to do a single faction. However, there are four that catch my eye easily.
- The calculating, cyberpunk Cybertronic corporation
- The Victorian England inspired Imperial faction
- The AMURRICA inspired Capitol
- The "we're totally not the Grey Knights" Brotherhood
We'll be starting with the Cybertronic Corporation (because beautiful models), but I intend to keep this open for all the other projects within this setting - I do plan to get around to the others eventually, even some of the ones I haven't listed.
What are the models made of?
And here's where I get to show you a picture. This is an Eradicator Deathdroid pre-assembly:
The models are 3D Printed Resin, meaning no cleaning is required (as opposed to say Forge World resin). All I need is a bottle of Super Glue and I can get started!
If you have any other questions, please let me know. I have roughly 750pts of Cybertronic to get started with, and I intend to get them all assembled over the weekend. In no particular order, I have -
- 1 Evassaur Armor Warlord. Big guy in a Power Suit. This guy is 210 Points, and is in essence my HQ Choice. While there are generic Warlords, this guy is not a special character - simply a guy who fits in better with the theme of the faction.
- 2 Boxes of Armoured Chasseurs. The other Troops choice of the faction, Armoured Chasseurs look like something you'd probably find on a Frontline Assembly album cover. These guys have all sorts of nasty tricks up their sleeves, as well as their improved armour and weapons.
- And finally as shown above, 1 Eradicator Deathdroid, the most beautiful Giant Robot committed to a model so far. Being a Heavy Vehicle, it comes complimented with plenty of firepower to destroy anything that gets in it's way, and has a Chainsaw that looks a little less silly than the one on the Imperial Knight.
Let me know which one you want to see first, and I'll get it built tomorrow. If not, I'll pick one at random and get to constructing it and posting up a picture.
Now all I have to do is hope the game takes off in my area...