Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HQ

Brother Ajax-160

WS-BS-S-T-W-I-A-LD-SV
-5--4--4-4--2-4-2-8--+2

Unit type:
Infantry

Wargear:
Artificer armour, Twin blades of the Omnissiah, Servo-harness(Harness mounted sonic pistol, Harness mounted flamer, Two servo-arms), Frag and krak grenades.

Special rules:
And they shall know no fear, Blessing of the omnissiah,Take up positions, Independent character.

Take up positions: Any unit that Ajax joins may become "entrenched" after their movement. Becoming entrenched gives the squad Ajax has joined a +5 cover save. If already in cover then they gain +1 to their cover save. For example a +4 cover save would become a +3.

The sonic pistol is a potent weapon crafted by Ajax in his earlier days as a techmarine. In his first encounter with sonic weaponry was during an encounter with noise marines, soon after he crafted the sonic pistol. Upon firing the pistol lets out a high frequency shriek that melts the minds of anyone in its way, friend and foe.

Sonic pistol:
Range----S-AP-Type
Template-3-3--Pistol

Never know to stay away from confrontation Ajax was always on the front lines of combat, directing his brother to better positions. After creating the vengeance patter land raider the omnissiah blessed him yet again with his discovery of the twin blades on a wold once lost to the Imperium.

Twin blades of the omnissiah:
Count as two master crafted power weapon, +1A already included in profile.They also grant the ability Furious charge.

Tell me what you think.

The sonic pistol hits everyone under it.

Should the blades count as master crafted instead of +1A?

None of the harness mounted weapons can be used in close combat. Other than the servo arm attacks.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I think make them Master Crafted. Not only is it alot more fluffy. How does he weidl 2 swords and a pistol??:shok:

·
Registered
66 Posts
"Harness mounted sonic pistol" - I'm going to go with the "I'm a techmarine with a harness" assumption, but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
ahh right now i get it. He's a normal techmarine weielding 2 blades and a sonic pistol instead of flamer. For fluff wouldn't it make more sence to drop the plasma cutter than the flamer. After all having 2 pistols mounted on his harness seems a bit too much.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think that should be it unless you guys can find something else lol but, points wise do you think hes fair?

I'm going to do a bit of a points calc real quick

Techmarine-145?
-harness
-Power weapon x2
-master crafted x2
-sonic pistol

then Furious charge and the +5 cover in the open.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
well consider it on paper sort of thing.

Normal Master of the Forge = 100pts
Sonic Pistol - Would replace Plasma cutter but is a special weapon so maybe = 10pts
Power weapon = 15pts
Master crafted = 5pts
Boosting cover saves = 30pts

That seems about right to me so 160pts i feel is perfect for him.

Love your avatar by the way.
Thanks. You can't get more awsume than Batman with a lightsaber fighting jaws

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sonic Pistol - Would replace Plasma cutter but is a special weapon so maybe = 10pts
Power weapon = 15pts
Master crafted = 5pts

I know nothing about the master of the forge seeing how I'm blood angels.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
he's just a Tech marine with a +1W, +1A, +2Ld, +1BS all for an extra 50pts. So in other words your guy is jsut more of a coward but much more bad ass in combat.(also they have Bolter Defence whihc gives a +1 sover save to anyone with an area terrain in your deployment area)

·
Registered
57 Posts
is brother ajax named after ajax canada durham centre

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
well consider it on paper sort of thing.

Power weapon = 15pts
Master crafted = 5pts

Thanks. You can't get more awsume than Batman with a lightsaber fighting jaws

We can't display the point costs for specific wargear items, get rid of those or the mods will get pissed.

@ OP,
Make him 185 and you are good.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think 180. he gets another power sword that is also master crafted from your points list. also his assault is going to be ridiculously powerful. two template attacks, three power weapon attacks (two master crafted), and two servo arm attacks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts