Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a second Overkill box, partially to expand the models I had for my genestealer cult and partly to add a small kill team to my Red Coyotes marine chapter.

Naturally this left me with models I cannot use. The Magus and Primus are one offs, and I had no use for five of the marines. I found a buyer for them all pretty quickly, however I did decide upon a use for the second patriarch, a plastic broodlord for a genestealer unit in my tyranid force.

However, Patriarch Ghosar is a large and impressive looking model, so to be a stock standard broodlord I needed to humble him up a little. My solution was a slight reposing of the arms, shaving away all those excessive spikes, and mounting him lower to the ground and on a smaller base.

I also reposed the tail to be behind him. The model is now hunched and compacted, more in line with the plastic broodlord from Space Hulk (which I am also adding to this force) and now looks much more genestealer and much less tyranid.

Once I have him painted, I will take a comparison picture of all three of them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice! I will also use the Patriarch as a Broodlord in my Tyranid army, but I was thinking of keeping it as it is. I think it will be about the same size as the Broodlord from Deathstorm. Haven't assembled either one yet.

That looks like a very genestealer type broodlord as you said :good: Well executed!

Also what do you think will the new broodlord look like? Old one was taken down a few weeks back from GW store.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I will also use the Patriarch as a Broodlord in my Tyranid army, but I was thinking of keeping it as it is. I think it will be about the same size as the Broodlord from Deathstorm. Haven't assembled either one yet.
Haven't got the Deathstorm broodlord, but this guy is about the same size as the plastic broodlord from Space Hulk.

That looks like a very genestealer type broodlord as you said Well executed!
Thank you. :so_happy:

Also what do you think will the new broodlord look like? Old one was taken down a few weeks back from GW store.
I'm not sure. It's possible they'll re-box one of the plastic variants they have into a smaller kit. Given that the genestealers in this box are different to the genestealers in their normal box, it could be a complete new kit with both. That's me wild guessing though.

I did notice the nid codex become no longer available in the AU online store, so we may know this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts