Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story lads.

I had my arm twisted into setting up a blog so I decided to do something productive and put up a few batreps. I recently attended a tournament with my Wolves and decided to document the games so I could go back over them and see how I could refine my list and see where I went wrong.

If there's anything you would recommend to improve it let eme know. Enjoy.
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

·
Registered
33 Posts
first of all good painting and great name for your blog.
I would recommend however that on your battle reports you use a format that allows us to easily see what is happening in a given turn i.e.:
TURN 1 - My rune priest living lightninged and got 5 shots killing ... and so on
what i really like about the reports is the mistake counter at the bottom retelling what you could have done better

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers lad; you do have taste.

I was mucking about with a more regimented way to report things but have chosen not to because taking photos slows the game down enough and if I want a better record of the game I have to write things down. That's just not feasible in a tournament.

I've also found that I forget what shoots what exactly so the only things I make a note of are when there are outright failures or successes. Hopefully more of the latter. ;)

I've gotten into the habit of adding the mistakes so that I can spot things for next time. I'm still making them but I'm learning as I go along so that I can avoid the same thing next time but some basic stuff happens when I'm looking out for complicated things trying to map the game out in my mind so I'll have to keep tabs on that.

I'll be adding more in the next day or two so feel free to drop on by.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts