Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So broadsides can take Target lock, so shock there.

My question: Say I have a team of 3 with missile drones, just how many different units can I shoot at? Could I have one broadside shoot at a seperate unit from each other and the missile drones, for a full 4 units comming under fire?

It makes sense you could do this, but the craziest thing im used to would be long fangs firing at 2 different units

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
The way I read it is that each model with a Target Lock can shoot a different target so 3 Target Locks = 3 different targets for 4 targets all up.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way I read it is that each model with a Target Lock can shoot a different target so 3 Target Locks = 3 different targets for 4 targets all up.
Thats what I was thinking. Just seems a bit over the top to fire 8 twin linked missiles at 3 different targets and 16 at another! Ballistics skill be dammed at that point.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Yeh I guess but you do give up other abilities to be able to gain that one and TBH are there that many instances when you'll be wanting to engage 4 different targets?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on the army I would put these guys in. I could see one such unit with a support commander as an anchor for another army. Say an IG army who annihilates fliers and either infantry or armor, tool the broadsides to deal with the other with missiles or the rail guns. Overall your point stands though, I dont see myself firing at more than one or two units at most. Just used the example to see if the target lock systems stack mostly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts