Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Is this a joke? The new Necron range is great! There was a reason why you would only field 5 Monoliths and 100 warriors, and that is because there were no other options and what was available wasn't worth it due to the old Phase Out rule, which was one of the worst rules ever implemented by GW. Not to mention that Necrons are very powerful with their current rule set.

Your petition only mentions Szeras as ugly. Care to explain how the others are bad? Might I remind you that the first true Necron models were Terminator knock-offs?

If you feel that they are bad, fine, that is your opinion. Just be aware that your opinion is likely a very small minority among Necron players.

·
Closet Dictator
3,432 Posts
If this was a petition to bring back terminator command squads, I'd throw my nickers at it, buuuuuuuut its not!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
If this was a petition to bring back terminator command squads
Use the Deathwing book as an Allied Detachment but play whatever models you have for the Chapter you normally play? Or the Grey Knight book if you like their weapons more (Paladin squads can take Apothecaries I think?), but in any case you're getting that special command squad.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts

·
Closet Dictator
3,432 Posts
Use the Deathwing book as an Allied Detachment but play whatever models you have for the Chapter you normally play? Or the Grey Knight book if you like their weapons more (Paladin squads can take Apothecaries I think?), but in any case you're getting that special command squad.

STAMPS FOOT......"but I want it for my vanilla marines!"

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Come on though people, the thought of someone painting one of their models pink solely to run it over must be some incentive to sign surely.
Yeah, not even close. Sure, lets go back to a mono-build army that consists of three types of models rather than the variety we have now.

What a fucking joke:no:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Love that this is your first post @PopularSauce. Welcome to Heresy! :laugh:

STAMPS FOOT......"but I want it for my vanilla marines!"
I will relish in that there's something you guys don't have for the time being. Sucka!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Nothing wrong with the current Necrons but I think the old necron had it's charm with rank after tank of warriors. Now you could still play necron as such. You got no Gun to you head to buy one of each Box for your army. I warriors, immortals and monolith is your thing then go with it.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I miss pariahs, they got rid of one of the most original and unique things about the necrons with that - bringing them into the new fold would be awesome I think.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
I miss pariahs, they got rid of one of the most original and unique things about the necrons with that - bringing them into the new fold would be awesome I think.
This I agree with. Hell, plastic pariahs with a supplement ruleset and even a rudimentary army list or allies matrix would be great. They're too ingrained in the lore to just wipe out completely.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hold on...

I think the point of this has been obscured probably through the fault of myself and my friend who started the petition, I do apologise. The idea is not to eradicate the new units, but to de-bling them so to speak. The new Wraiths would look awesome if it wasn't for the sheer amount of orbs that cover them. They used to be mysterious and sinister, now they are coated in layers of "showbiz".

·
Closet Dictator
3,432 Posts
@PopularSauce, what flavour is popular sauce? Also, I dont play necrons, but much prefared the fluff when they were completely mindless like the space version of the undead/borg collective. Personally I dont think G.W will give a fuck about a petition, you'd have to organize a successful boycott of necrons and hit the profits big time for them to raise an eyebrow!

I do understand your point about the "bling" on the minis, the in vogue style in G.W at the moment is (in my opinion) to cariacture their factions, Dark Angels for example look like they took a normal marine dipped it in glue and rolled it around in a Dark Angels bits box. Oh and welcome to the Heresy, you have certainly hit the ground running, enjoy the stay, even though you are a filthy xeno lover!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Just saying, my Necron army is pretty much all Immortals, Warriors, and a Monolith with Scarabs running everywhere because I liked the old style Necron stuff from when I was a kid more than what they've become now. It's not like they aren't cool and effective now with way more options and such, I just like the idea of the zombie robot army more than I like the idea of a super advanced robot race from hundreds of thousands of years ago.

I'm not about to start a petition or anything but I can definitely see where our OP is coming from (even if it's just the new aesthetic) just like I can see why the people who now have a versatile and strong army are happy about where the 'crons are nowadays.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Love that this is your first post @PopularSauce. Welcome to Heresy! :laugh:

Thanks, it's certainly been interesting :grin: The other 40K forums took this quite well.

Yeah, welcome aswell! You'll see that here at Heresy we discuss and vent our opinions unlike other forums! Hope you have a look around and share your army and tales of lost and won battles.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts