Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, we have a 2400 point, 5 battles over one weekend tournament coming up. All armies will be involved so I have to expect and (eek) try to cover every eventuality! at least standard mission only so no dreaded watchtower!

I have been running the following army in practice games which I keep tweaking here and there but I can't commit myself yet so thought I would ask you guys for help.

LORDS

Lord, virtue of confidence, ogre blade, dawn stone, enchanted shield, barded warhorse

that's a 1+ re rollable save with ward save thanks to the lady. plus this list will try and give me a chance of continuing to punch out hits even if I don't break them on the charge, hence 4 strength 6 attacks every turn from this guy, and hits and wounds are re rollable in a challenge so that should help him take on most other heroes.

Damsel, Level 4, warhorse, silver mirror, warhorse, LIFE

HEROES

BSB, Gromrill Great Helm, Sword of Might, barded warhorse

Damsel, level 1, warhorse, dispel scroll, BEASTS

Paladin, barded warhorse, Great Weapon, shield (goes with lord unit to keep punching out attacks) the great weapons mean the units keep punching 3 x strength 6 attacks even after the charge so there's a chance I can kick on through even if the charge fails)

Paladin, barded warhorse, great weapon, shield (goes with bsb)

Paladin, barded warhorse, great weapon, shield

Paladin, barded warhorse, great weapon, shield

CORE

9 x knights of the realm - full command, (level 1, lord and paladin join them)

9 x Knights of the realm - full command (level 4, bsb and paladin)

8 x knights of the realm - full command (paladin)

8 x Knights of the realm - full command (paladin)

5 x knights of the realm (protects 1 trebuchet from scouts, sets up in one corner of the board and can flank the enemy if required)

5 x knights of the realm as above

RARE

Trebuchet

Trebuchet

that's it! 2398 points. trebuchets in each corner. 4 blocks of knights down the centre right next to each other so any annoying charge blockers can't angle me away as I am too long to turn to them without hitting my other units so they have to turn to me.

thoughts? cheers for the consideration!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts