Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come to suspect that building a 500 point list for the Brets under the current rules is impossible. Is there a possible 500 point list? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
How do you mean impossible..? Well actually now that I think about it, it IS against the rules. Your only allowed MAX of one character, yet brettonians MUST take a BSB. But that one character CANNOT Be a BSB. Fucking perplexing. Check the faq, to see if it has been adressed. Assumign that has been cleared up. I dont see why you wouldnt be able to make a 500pts list.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the reason I believe it is impossible is because I cannot fit the required general and BSB in the 125 points allowed for heroes in a 500 pt army. Without getting into specific point values, I can also say that I can't use the Lord points to get a general either. As for the 1 character limit, that has never been the case for Brets because they have a rule that gives them one extra character. However that doesn't apply (I believe) in 8th ed because of the faq.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But I believe I am only allowed 125 points for heroes. Therefore if paladins were worth 65 (which I don't believe is accurate, but I can't post their value) it would still be 130 points, even without the banner. Additionally, no lord can be put on the field at 125.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
It would only be that expensive if you fully equipped him. I knew it wasnt that cost, I was ball parking it :p So I didnt break the rules.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No you see the bare bones minimum for a lord is still too high. Even without a shield or anything he costs too much.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can have a Paladin and a Paladin BSB in a 500pt army if they are both on foot - 60 pts each. It would be rather strange to say the least! Give the Paladin a shield, put him and the BSB in with a unit of 23 Men-at-arms with full command. Add 6 knights errant with the errantry banner and 12 bowmen and it all comes in at under 500pts. (I think!)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that paladin have to have a mount unless they purchase the virtue of Empathy. However, that also costs points, and two paladins with Empathy cost more than 125. Not even having an Empathy Paladin and a foot Damsel is cheap enough. I would still have to shave off points which just aren't there to shave.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My bad, I forgot about virtue of empathy. In the old border patrol game, based on 500pts, brets didnt have to take a BSB. I still play it at times, it makes for some interesting games.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts