Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a thread, and I figure there's gotta be some people who've watched Breaking Bad on the forum.

So. That finale. Holy shit.

Just watched it, and that's about the only thought I've got going right now. What'd you guys think of the end? And the show in general.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Erm, I'm behind, I only started watching it a month ago. Blitzed through the first 3 seasons in a few days. Thought it was very good in the beginning, but season 3 disappointed me which is why I'm yet to go back to it. Its not crap by any means, just enjoying watching other stuff. Plas I wanted to wait until it finished since I've found out I hate watching TV shows weekly.

So I can't comment on the last two seasons, but I'm gong to watch them both before the end of the month.

Though all I can say is props to the creator of it, the channel wanted it to go on longer but he said it was only for the character arc and that's it, no needless more seasons, so in a world where popular TV shows go on long past when they should have ended, power to the man for sticking by his story.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I'm only half way through season 4 at the moment. Loving it. Shame the end is in sight, but at the same time good to know that the finale got such a good reception considering I only watched the finale of Dexter lately, and that was a serious let down after 6 great seasons and 2 not so great seasons.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,998 Posts
I've seen it all, and everything here on in is spoilers, you've been warned

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Seen the whole thing, and loved most of it (season four was largely a downer for me) especially the finale.

Spoilers below, some to answer Reapers spoilers:

·
Registered
0 Posts
At what episode in the first season does it get good? Watched the first 4 and was bored. Was told it started a bit slow and it seems like a show I should like.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plus what they did with the finale's title was pretty cool as well. Felina can be broken into the three elements Fe, Li, and Na which is in line with what the show is all about: chemistry.
I read something somewhere where the elements for Fe, Li, and Na were Iron, Lithium, and Sodium, which could roughly correspond to Blood, Meth, and Tears. I like to think of it that way, since it really does tie it back into the show's main themes.

There's also the song Felina itself, which people have been deconstructing for lyric meaning with Breaking Bad since they knew the title of the episode.

So, I completely agree: The finale title was amazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts