Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aw yea. Been waiting a while for this to be done. Best whole table pictures I could get, chances are tomorrow evening I'll update the thread with some pictures of the first battle.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks great.
Have you had any issues with teh water effect stuff?
Thanks! I can't take credit for this, I paid a nice man to make it for me to my specifications. Must've been 50 e-mails back and forth. I'm not sure about the liquid effect.

Very nice! I'd like to play my Imperial Guard on that thing sometime!
A buddy of mine wants to sell his guard army, I told him he'd better play it at least once on this table before it goes.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
That looks great! I've always wanted to see a decent trench board. Know anybody with some DKOK? Because those would look hawt crossing that thing!

As Jez says - where did you get it?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Who made it? Does he have a website?
As Jez says - where did you get it?
A dude I met through a friend that I game with. My friend met him randomly on a terrain site, got him to make a very simple table. I got jealous.

I shot him an e-mail asking him if he has anything else up. I know he did a project log on the making of this table on a website, but I can't think of the site right now. He's also done some really cool jungle terrain and he was working on a cities of death board in tandem with my trench board.

I really wanted to pack the board with models from my three armies, but out of those 7000 points I've got what you see fully painted.

EDIT: he does have a website where he posts everything. Link in transit.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Aw yeah. Got 5 games in the first day playing, against Imperial Guard and Tau.

This would have gone a lot better if my Reclusiarch and Assault squad hadn't mishapped into oblivion deep striking in.

This poor assault squad got blown to smithereens, though it was the only full squad I lost in the game. Another poor scatter roll prevented two meltas from being unleashed on that Executioner (?) tank.

Taking sight on Xenos raiders..

The Baal Predator. Easily my favourite piece against Tau as of yet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree with Ryu the trenches are a bit on the clean side. I've been debating building a trench board but I'm still working on my city board.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Although the trenches themselves look a bit too clean to my tastes
the trenches are a bit on the clean side
hahaa I was wondering when these comments would happen. I noticed it about 3 games in; no man's land was busted up as well as the front of one trench, but the trenches themselves weren't even dirty. In hindsight, I should have asked for some ruination in the trenches. Dave definitely did what I asked him to do to a T though!

I've been debating building a trench board but I'm still working on my city board.
My first foray into the world of scenery will come after my girlfriend and I get a bigger place. Right now there's just no space for me to construct my zone mortalis/space hulk board....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts