Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. I'm completely new to Warhammer. I've done a little bit of painting minis back when I played D&D years ago. Nothing spectacular mind you, but I did enjoy doing it. That's one of the main reasons I decided to take up Warhammer 40K as a hobby. I'm also an avid gamer, so that might have something to do with it as well.

I've decided to blog my whole experience of getting started in Warhammer 40K. You can find it here:

http://koshskorner.blogspot.com/

I decided to do this for several reasons. First, I thought it'd be a fun idea, as I've never written a blog before either. Second, I thought it would be a good way to track my progress. And, third, writing about my budget will hopefully make me stick to keeping that budget and not go crazy.

Feel free to check it out and send anyone you might know that's interested in the hobby, as I'm starting from scratch. It's basically going to be a 'how to' in getting started in WH.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Cool idea mate, I was thinking of doing something along those lines when I began my Tau army but in the end I couldn't be bothered.

Welcome to Heresy Online, if your just starting out you've come to the right place, can't tell you how much I've learned about the game and the hobby in the short time I've been here.

Sticking with a budget plan is a great idea too, that way you don't end up with a bunch of unused and unpainted models.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Yes it is a very good idea to keep the budget in mind. what are you planning to get to start off your legion of chaos?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is a very good idea to keep the budget in mind. what are you planning to get to start off your legion of chaos?
More than likely a squad of CSM, but I haven't decided yet. I plan on sitting down today to make an army list. I'm trying to incorporate a few things that I like, but not sure they fit together. Once I get it done, I may post it in the army list section for some scrutiny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts