Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

201 - 205 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Seriously, the whole HH series could have been 7 to 12 novels. By Novels I mean, Game of Thrones style ones. Big ... lots of content, each being top sellers. That would be just for the main story arc. By all means release side Novels, perhaps 1 for each Legion so that fans don't have to suffer by not seeing their favourite Legion.

30+ books and being swamped with Shattered Legions and Calth at every turn is dull and boring.

I also believe BL need to pull their head out of the sand. It's not the 90's anymore, we're in the digital age. These books need to be primarily sold on eBook format, no printing costs also saves money but more importantly it means that the consumer doesn't have to end up with a book shelf of a ton of novels of all different sizes. It is completely ridiculous.

On a personal note I do believe they should ditch the table top and go digital with a decent pay as you go MMO game that's actually developed, but that's just personal preference. Again, only purely because it's a digital age these days, toy soldiers doesn't tend to impress anyone, but saying you've read a "Game of Thrones" best seller and people are interested. It should be the same with the HH ones.
Thats what I originally thought as well. I personally think some of the substantial authors of the series have been fatigued by all the crap thats been made and have turned their attentions to better projects.

It is quite vexing that they didn't start off the series with more legion novels. I really don't think anyone deny's how much of a big hit those novels are. Legion in my opinion really showed that any legion had the potential to really make a big hit in the series.

As far as the game is concerned... I'm not sure how GW looks at its games and decides their course of actions. They have alienated potential new players and even veteran players with extreme game changes and price increases. Not going to lie though, some nice models, but I feel every time I tried to get back in the game, in one way or the other I get shaken off. Looking forward to that Total War game though. GW has essentially made the decision that there are a few players that spend so much money on the game no matter what, that they are better off making new models and rules so that those players are the lifeline of their store. I'm just not sure how they make enough though. I see why they've closed LOTS of stores, but I'm sure there's still a lot of expenses.

The death of the older games and rules I believe really came from the stores inability to create new and interesting campaigns and stories.

201 - 205 of 205 Posts