Baal
- Flamestorm

Dreadnought
- Twin Linked Autocannon
- Twin Linked Autocannon

Dreadnought
- Twin Linked Autocannon
- Twin Linked Autocannon

You get turn 1 then the Baals scout forwards, move & then burn Long Fangs/Devs/Tacticals/Guardians whatever they can to make them a massive pain in the ass. If you get turn 2 consider outflanking them.

4 Razorbacks move up & let their 16 twin lined assault cannons shots open up on whatever (Chimeras, Rhinos, MC, they all get hurt).

Librarian & HG drop in & end that Land Raider or Monolith, whatever you need taking out that the rest of the army can't deal with.

Dreads put down more firepower, again they can deal with light vehicles & troops/MCs.

Taking this to 2000 points I'd grab another Baal (Flamestorm) another Razorback or two & maybe a Predator/Vindicator or even Librarian Dread.

-------------------------------------

If I was to run a 1500 point DC heavy list there are two way I'd run it;

First, using Stormravens (AV12 is low but they should have done their job by turn 2/3)

Astorath

Death Company
5 DC
Power Weapon x 1
Power Weapon x 1
Lemartes

Death Company
5 DC
Power Weapon x 1
Power Weapon x 1

Death Company Dreadnought
- Blood Talons
Heavy Flamer

- Blood Talons
Heavy Flamer

Stormraven
- TL-MM
- TL-AC

Stormraven
- TL-MM
- TL-AC

Get the first turn deploy & boost over 24'' then pop somthing with POTMS, turn 2 assault. Get the second turn hold them in reserve & Deep Strike, pop something with POTMS, turn 3 assault.

-----------------------------------------------

The other way is to just jump pack it across the board at the the oppoent or Deep Strike in, a list like this would do that. Jump Packs mean that if you do rage in the wrong direction you should catch up with them. Rage isn't all that bad like people make out.

Reclusiarch
- Jump Pack

Death Company
8 Death Company
- Power Fist x 1
- Power Weapon x 3
- Jump Packs

Death Company
7 Death Company
- Lemartes
- Power Fist x 1
- Power Weapon x 3
- Jump Packs

- Drop Pod
- Blood Fists
- Heavy Flamer

- Drop Pod
- Blood Fists
- Heavy Flamer

- Drop Pod
- Blood Talons

Drop 2 Deads down (with fists prob to scare mech) then in come the DC.

Hope this helped; disclaimer: I would not put my money where my mouth is & say either of these DC list can WIN but I do think they would be fun & I have read battle reports where people seem to do alright with all DC... though don't quote me on that :)

Dallas

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The help is appreciated, but i have to say, compared to the Chaos Army lists forum, You guys don't seem to have much faith in Blood Angels.

In chaos people are constantly bigging up their armies, but here, You all seem like BA aren't great, and you don't really like them. :\
Got to go out now, but i will think about it some more when im home.

Cheers for those Lists Dallas.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Well DC can't score & have rage, that, IMO, is their only real weakness. If Berzerkers had rage & couldn't score would people take them? Probably, but would people win tournaments with them? Prob not. Just realistic.

Hah, well in my opinion people who big things up generally get wacked & then wonder why their netlist didn't work :laugh:

Seriously though, the BA codex is awesome & allows so many varied builds, it allows me to paint my men white & blue & pretend the Chaos codex was actually aimed a people who love the Chaos Legions & not just rubbish warbands/renegades or Black Legion. I mean, just because people are realistic & aren't like, ''OMG dis codex is da pure pwnage'' doesn't mean we don't love it & it isn't competitive.

Dallas

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ahh.

I was at GW today, talking to the shop keeps, and he said the same thing, more or less.
And yeah your last point is very valid, i think i'm just being pessimistic :wink:
So i sincerely apologise if i offended The BA community :grin:

- Anyway; as i say, GW owner said to me about like special Rules that account for literally all of BA, for instance Outflank? Can anyone expand on that? :)

Thanks,
ROT

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry for interrupting

'Ello there!

I just felt that i had to post here since i really can relate to how you "feel", ROT, being a new scout in the BA company (and to the game) myself. I just love the models for DC to but since reading here on Heresy I concluded that i couldn't field them since they're not that competitive and my friends are really "bad winners".

So the way i got to include the DC models in my army was to simply buy a pack of DC and a pack of RAS when I need 10 RAS and then field them as, suprise suprise, RAS.

And by Outflank, are you talking about the rule on p. 94 in the rule book?

Dan

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I guess so, but I still don't see how he reckons all BA can Outflank.

Anyone expand on that.

Jumpy, lol, The units in this army look so cool, Hope to get a list done soon. :)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
The help is appreciated, but i have to say, compared to the Chaos Army lists forum, You guys don't seem to have much faith in Blood Angels.

In chaos people are constantly bigging up their armies, but here, You all seem like BA aren't great, and you don't really like them. :
Got to go out now, but i will think about it some more when im home.

Cheers for those Lists Dallas.
It's because all Blood Angels players wish they were Space Wolves players :D

Also, anything with scout can outflank.
I'm pretty sure the GW employee was referring to outflanking Baals.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts