Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soooo bought these off eBay, been looking for them for quite a while and am pretty happy I've got them. But now that I have them, I'm a little unclear as to what a lot of them are. The obvious ones are obvious, immobilised, shaken, destroyed. But a lot of them are unclear and some just downright confusing, such as the banners, circles and most of the triangular ones.

But yeah, if anyone can help or knows for definite, then that would be greaaaaaaaaat.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Triangular one with a gun : weapon destroyed
Triangular one with ordnance shell : snap shot marker when firing ordnance
Banner : hull points, Character embarked marker

Some guesses, but really they could be whatever you want them to be so long as you remember what designate them as and make it clear to your opponent. I ran into the same issue with GW's dice style tank markers that came out a while back.

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
They aren't just vehicle markers; they are the entire set of things GW thought needed marking in 6th(?) edition.

From memory:

The half gear wheel is a turn counter: the small arrow with the peg slots into the hole; the crescent moon goes over one of the cogs to mark the start/end of nightfighting.

The bolter on triangle is rapid fired.

The missile on triangle is fired a heavy weapon.

The ones with footprints on are for running and something else I can't remember.

The banners slot into the plain disks (badly) to make objective markers.

The two rhinos with dust puffs behind them are for combat speed, cruising speed, and flat out.

The skulls are wound markers.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They aren't just vehicle markers; they are the entire set of things GW thought needed marking in 6th(?) edition.

From memory:

The half gear wheel is a turn counter: the small arrow with the peg slots into the hole; the crescent moon goes over one of the cogs to mark the start/end of nightfighting.

The bolter on triangle is rapid fired.

The missile on triangle is fired a heavy weapon.

The ones with footprints on are for running and something else I can't remember.

The banners slot into the plain disks (badly) to make objective markers.

The two rhinos with dust puffs behind them are for combat speed, cruising speed, and flat out.

The skulls are wound markers.
Champion dude! Cheers for all those. Just wondering about those footprint ones now then. There's two with just simple single arrows and the footprints, and then the one with three arrows and the footprints. As you said, one must be running, can't think what the other one is though. Hmmmm.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about disorderly charges, but it just doesn't seem like something you'd need a token of to remind you about. Just looking at the combat, you'd remember that you had. Could be though. Fleet is a just a modifier to run anyway, with all the same negative effects and such.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A friend just suggested the multi arrow one for units running away that need to regroup, or attempt to at least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts