Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BOSS POLE CLARIFY OOPS CAPS.

Ok .....Boss Pole please clarified this.
I know that the rule says that you cant reroll a reroll.
In the orks codex says you can cuase it says,[ each time your unit fails]
or, is it suppose to say,[when a unit].
Is this an typo in the codex

·
Registered
60 Posts
The special rules of the boss pole override the rules of the 40k rule book. it allows you to re-roll the test as many times as your willing too sacrifice a model in the unit i believe. its been awhile since ive played against orks but that what i remember from them.

~~Gold~~

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
No, you cannot re-roll it however many times you need to to pass a single Morale check.

It must be specifically stated that you may continue to re-roll to override the no re-rolling a re-roll rule, which Boss Pole does not.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Resurrection of old threads:

This happened yesterday and after reading the ork codex the guy had, it seemed that the wording does override the rulebook.

IIRC

Everytime you fail a moral test, you can choose to use the boss pole

I am paraphrasing from what I remember, but wouldn't the use of 'everytime' mean you can.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
It says "each time" the unit fails a Morale check you may re-roll it. No different from stating that a unit re-rolls failed to-wound rolls. If the second roll is still a fail it fails.

re-read pg 2. It doesn't even say it's is ever allowed o re-roll more than once.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Back in the days Heresy had a -rep feature. But for some reason that has been removed. Not that it matters as I never used it to give negative rep anyway.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Back in the days Heresy had a -rep feature. But for some reason that has been removed. Not that it matters as I never used it to give negative rep anyway.
I thought it was a good idea in removing it. I saw it used once because a new member annoyed someone with a frivolous comment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts