Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So folks I tryed many times to convert the Tyranid scything talons into bonsabres for my swarmlord but I don' t think that they look really good,(don' t really like them).
So if you have some Ideas how to make 4 bonesabres tell me (plz)

Here is a pic of my Swarmlord, tell me if you like him

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i think i'd have to agree with you here, those sabres just dont look 'sharp' enough

from a quick look around 'teh intar wepz' your best bet would be to make them out of plasticard which is what people seem to do, your other option would be to 'save up' the metal bonesabres from hive tyrants :p

here is a pritty sweet swarmlord made from a trygon/mawlock (i forget the difference)
http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=converting&action=print&thread=24401

tho one thing i really like about your model is the colours on the 'fleshy' parts; very alien, very icky-looking, very well done :D

hope i helped!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nuh buying other 3 hive tyrants just for the bonesabers is a little expansive, but what is this platicard stuff, tell me more where can I buy that? How dose It work ?

Also I don' t like the Trygon/Mawloc swarmlord too big and don' t like the look

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
heh, i totally understand not buying 4 tyrants, also unfortunately im yet to find a website that sells metal bitz (only plastic)

now ive never actually used it before myself, but ive seen alot of people who have. plasticard is pritty much how it sounds, sheets of plastic in various thicknesses, its pritty simple to use, draw on the shape you want, cut it out and then smooth it out with a file of some sort.

its quite cheap and available from almost all generic hobby shops or a quick gogle should sort you out.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh, i totally understand not buying 4 tyrants, also unfortunately im yet to find a website that sells metal bitz (only plastic)

now ive never actually used it before myself, but ive seen alot of people who have. plasticard is pritty much how it sounds, sheets of plastic in various thicknesses, its pritty simple to use, draw on the shape you want, cut it out and then smooth it out with a file of some sort.

its quite cheap and available from almost all generic hobby shops or a quick gogle should sort you out.
ok thanks that plasticard stuff sounds awesome

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
ok thanks that plasticard stuff sounds awesome
haha it very much is, just look at some of the work in progress models floating around this forum...honestly i dont know why ive never used it before either :/

*runs to get his credit card* :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts