Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 5th editon Tyranid codex, it states that if you take one or more wounds you need to take a leadership test or suffer instant death. Does this mean if you fail you instantly die or if you refuse the test you die?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
592 Posts
In the 5th editon Tyranid codex, it states that if you take one or more wounds you need to take a leadership test or suffer instant death. Does this mean if you fail you instantly die or if you refuse the test you die?

Thanks in advance.
Refuse to take the test?

That made me confus :s

Anyways, it means that you have to take a leadership test - If you fail, you are subject to Instant Death. Models with Eternal Warrior, or the old Adamantite Mantle for example (see: Sammael on Jetbike) ignore the leadership test because they ignore Instant Death.

Glory to Chaos!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Refuse to take the test?

That made me confus :s

Anyways, it means that you have to take a leadership test - If you fail, you are subject to Instant Death. Models with Eternal Warrior, or the old Adamantite Mantle for example (see: Sammael on Jetbike) ignore the leadership test because they ignore Instant Death.

Glory to Chaos!
However say if there was a squad of crisis battlesuits (3 for this example, 6 wounds total), they only take 1 wound from the bonesword, they fail the test, does this mean the wounded battlesuit dies or the whole unit?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
This is interesting from the point of assigning ID wounds to multi-wound units. I sounds like wounds from a potential ID causing attack, rather than an absolute one, should be assigned after Ld tests have been made because each successful ID wound kills a whole model according to how ID wounds are assigned to multi-wound models in the BRB. Maybe Potential ID attacks are a different case, but GW have not seen fit to provide any details...

·
Registered
592 Posts
This is interesting from the point of assigning ID wounds to multi-wound units. I sounds like wounds from a potential ID causing attack, rather than an absolute one, should be assigned after Ld tests have been made because each successful ID wound kills a whole model according to how ID wounds are assigned to multi-wound models in the BRB. Maybe Potential ID attacks are a different case, but GW have not seen fit to provide any details...
However, the Bonesword rule specificially states that the Model that recieved the wound must pass the leadership test or IT will suffer instant death.

Seems pretty clear to me.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Wounds onto multi-wound models are allocated just like all others, and are then piled onto as few models as possible after you know how many have been caused... so if a bonesword model caused 3 wounds onto a unit of 3 battlesuits then thats 1 wound (and 1 test) each... lets say 1 fails so he dies from ID, and then the other 2 wounds get piled onto 1 of the other survivors.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wounds onto multi-wound models are allocated just like all others, and are then piled onto as few models as possible after you know how many have been caused... so if a bonesword model caused 3 wounds onto a unit of 3 battlesuits then thats 1 wound (and 1 test) each... lets say 1 fails so he dies from ID, and then the other 2 wounds get piled onto 1 of the other survivors.
not unless they where all equiped identically other wise the other 2 would just take a wo und and die next turn most likely :shok:

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
not unless they where all equiped identically other wise the other 2 would just take a wo und and die next turn most likely :shok:
Yeah, thats true... but since the poor lad seemed confused I thought I wouldn't bring in needless complication quite yet- gotta aim your responses to the level of the OP, not just give 'perfect' answers.... ex-staff member at work lol :p

·
Registered
384 Posts
I would have to assume that if you managed to wound an enemy unit that they would have to take a LD test for the unsaved wounds and for any that fail the test the effects of the "instant death" rule are to be allocated unto the models in the unit by the person rolling the saves/ cover saves, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts