Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of us that play have all had those wonderful bone head moves. The ones where your brain and tactical rationing just seem to go on holiday. Last night was one of my biggest bone head moves for me. I set up 30 boyz and a pk nob over in a corner ready to come in and smash anything that tried to take my home objective. They were place only 10 inches away so a normal move and assualt would get them there.
I even had last turn so when my opponent had 5 space marines siting on my objective I should have killed them off but no I didn't move that entire squad at all the whole game. I could have had a victory inside of a draw.

So what is your worst mistake maybe by telling our stories of brain farts we can help others aviod them.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
shooting my Vindicator at a squad that was under 6 inches away from my own land raider, I hadnt missed a single vindicator shell that whole game.

needless to say, I missed and blew up my own land raider... the resulting explosion of my land raider killed 4 Terminators

·
Registered
232 Posts
Forgetting to unload and shoot my fire dragons, thus leaving my rear armour on my falcon nice and ready for a exhaust pipe invasion by a less than amicable Vendetta.

Poor birdy

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
forgot about the Wolf Tooth Necklace on my Wolfpriest and was rolling 4s to hit a Daemon Prince when I shoulda needed threes..I still killed it...it just took 4 turns of combat

·
Imperial Major
383 Posts
Starting an expensive hobby. Joking aside, biggest bone head move? Recently. A demolisher and a russ on either side of a terminator squad, catching them in the cross fire. Demolisher fires and blows up the russ on the other side, then getting assaulted and detroyed itself while the terminators walk off unharmed.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
in terminate the deamon vessels they brought on a bio titan and it charged my old zogwort and 20 boys next turn old zogwort 1 wound left nob with pk 1 wound left my bone head move was forgetting zogwort could hurt it and then forgetting in the next turn that all my attacks are poisend 2+ not just the extra 6 could of killed it

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I once forgot to fire with my outflanking Baal Predator because from where I was standing I couldn't see my model due to a terrain piece blocking my view of if. If I'd remembered to do so I would've torn a unit of Genestealers apart and probably saved a unit of Assault Marines from being butchered. What's the moral of this story? Always look over the entire table, even walk from one end to the next if you must because forgetting to do stuff with units is bad.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I, in my infinite wisdom, found it appropriate to charge a squad of genestealers lead by the Broodlord with my assault squad. I might as well have stuck my hand in a wood chipper for all the good those poor lost souls did. To their credit they didn't question the general's orders, they just blindly ran in.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I charged my Chaos Mariens into a Wraithlord....ya that went badly.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Last week, a guy charged my Defiler with 15 Hormagaunts before realizing that none of them could hurt it.... Lols were had by all (except him).

As for myself, the closest i've had to a "herp derp" moment was when my Daemon Prince charged Bjorn, then get Perils of the Warp attempting to cast warptime the next turn. Freaking Bjorn the Fell-Handed solo'd my MoN/Wings/Warptime prince. Not really my fault, but just terribly embarassing.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I've had a few but the only one I can remember at the moment is when I wisely chose to shoot at a unit with my Defiler, with a Plague Marine squad nearby ready to mop up survivors. Then I had to roll dice, and fully scattered onto my Plague Marines....... I think I lost about 5 from 7.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
I enjoyed someones misery who had a brain explosion, a guard player used his uber tooled up Leman Russ tank to shock my squad of chainfisted thunderhammered terminators lead by Belial, the terminators opened it up and the resulting explosion killed half the guard squad spilled from another chimera that got the good melta news from an attack bike riding by

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Last game i had. My traitor guard vs CSM's Spent the game almost wiping out his force with the exteption of his unit of plague marines on his objective. But forgot to move my vet squad a turn early and was unable to make it to the uncontested objective in my own half of the table before the game ended. Bugger

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Charging a Chaos Lord in T armour with a Khorne DW into a squad of 9 Tyranid Warriors (not too much of a bone head move but still being outnumbered 9 to 1 not the best idea) anyway for my first 2 rounds of CC I did nothing to the Warriors as I rolled 1's on my DW and wounding myself twice, on my last wound I managed to kill off 1 and a half warriors then failed my2+ save against the nids attacks back...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
god the dumbest thing i have ever done. I think id have to say playing a 2500 point game but i forgot to field 3 of my troop choices so i was playing like 600 points short. i lost, but it was still close. i keep trying to figure out why i didnt have as much stuff, but at the end of the game i realized i didnt have my 3 troop choices. so i was only using 3 out of 6. its becasue i had made a list a couple of nights before that had 3 troops, so for some reason i thought i had all my stuff but i ofcourse did not.
The coolest thing i have done.
My daemon Prince got assualted by 5 lightning claw terminators. i had to make 5 invul saves. i only had 2 wounds left. i rolled the dice and made all of the 5+ saves. oh yea the squad of terminators was a 10 man squad but i killed some from shooting and there was 7 terminators left when i got assaulted. i managed to kill 2 of them. but yea i made them take a leadership test they failed, and i killed them.
Which leaves me to one question Can Daemon Princes Sweeping advance?

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I once forgot to fire with my outflanking Baal Predator because from where I was standing I couldn't see my model due to a terrain piece blocking my view of if. If I'd remembered to do so I would've torn a unit of Genestealers apart and probably saved a unit of Assault Marines from being butchered. What's the moral of this story? Always look over the entire table, even walk from one end to the next if you must because forgetting to do stuff with units is bad.
I[ve done this once with Outfanking Stealers in one of my first games of 5th ed. Forgot to charge with my Stealers after an outflank. Doh.

·
Registered
191 Posts
well i guess i figured a full squad of fire warriors could take out a few hormoguants in combat. 12 fire warriors to 3 hormoguants. I was wrong....

·
Registered
202 Posts
So there was this annoying Grav Falcon that had pissed off my Necron legions in game after game and I had an oppertunity to take it out... Bad Luck certainly played a part in this sad story but so did tunnel vision. 3 Heavy Destroyers failed on it with no luck... thats ok I had a big 15 man squad clsoe to it and rapid fired... and then the destroyers... and other necrons... 80+ shots went out that thing and suffered nothing greater than a stun.

Naturally I spent the remaining rounds ina blind crazy to destroy it. Needles to say it survived the game unscathed, I did not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts