Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked up Bolter on Wikipedia and found a link to Gyrojet and then I found a link to that company. Yep, they are real. It's not a joke.

·
Banned
677 Posts
Gyrojet weapons (i.e. caseless ammo) have been around for years, just not in major production as they are costly and buggy. There is an Israeli company I remember a few years back that had something similar to a fully automatic gyrojet-AK that fired 20 gauge slugs. Just add explosive heads and thats a true bolter. Now we just need to have rediculously short and useless clips to really hit it on the mark.

-Khaine-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Aww they dont make the sound that bolters do, they are quiet......no body knows where you are when you shoot it.....when you have a real bolter no body cares where you are.....

And what about the guns taht shoot this? do they look like bolters?

and what about heavy bolters?

Its good, but not totally 40k......i want a bolter....watch my enimies chest blow up into a huge blast of gore......

·
Registered
87 Posts
hey has anyone got any pics of the DeathWind boltgun thing if so can you please post it

·
Registered
599 Posts
they had self propelled bullets available in vietnam.
they suffered from issues of quality control, in making the rounds they would fold over the gyro gets slightly causing the round to be inaccurate. It was a manufacturing problem. They where also expensive.

they were also of no use in short range.

·
Must Paint MOAR!
666 Posts
come to think of it.... lasguns are totaly real too
link

And for a a fiver each anyone could defend thier homes from invasion.

:laugh:

·
Registered
599 Posts
i got a flashlight somewhere i'll be fine.....
diffrence between bolters and those are bolters are larger and explosive.
they are also fictional and thus work at close range so may be a combination conventional and rocket powered...may explain the casings in fluff... and i have now put more thought into this than gw.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts