Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening guys.

Bit of a daft question from an old long fang like me but what the hell. What's best for gluing these things? It's a weird - slightly glossy - paper. I'm thinking of using PVA as normal, but if there's anything that would be more suitable, give me a yell :good:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Bro, I usually use watered down PVA when working with banners, flags etc.

I used the same to 'bind' the rifle slings for my British Infantry. It kept the paper sturdy but with a degree of flexibility.

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers bro, I've got the PVA out at present. :good:

Once that's on, I need to make a trip up to the store for some long grass as I intend to base them like this:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
It's worth painting the flag with a watered down wash of PVA when you have it finished. It adds a touch of rigidity, and helps keep it from fraying from handling or transport.

Very nice Japs by the way? Where did you get the grass? It'd be ideal as beach grass for my USMC.

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice Japs by the way? Where did you get the grass? It'd be ideal as beach grass for my USMC.
I can't claim the credit for those I'm afraid. It's an image I lifted off google.
It looks like the "tufts" from the Army Painter range to me. :)

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see a brush getting trimmed in the not too distant future....

·
Registered
663 Posts
Try MiniNatur. Army Painter use the same stuff but a less broad range, smaller packages and higher price (because that's what Army Painter do ). Or some model train supplier.

Which of Warlord's WW2 minis come with flags?

I used the flags that come with Victrix and Perry minis and they're the same stuff I'm pretty sure (*insert some slight against Warlord Games here because I'm in the mood to insult popular, successful things* :D ) PVA should work nicely. What I started doing with flags lately is putting a small sheet of aluminium foil between the two halves. This way you can make sharper folds and the whole thing ends up being a bit more rigid. Adding a thin layer of PVA on top of everything in the end should work well too. Either that or varnish.

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All done and dusted - again, bar the basing. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts