Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also hate lucky dice lol.
Its a great system, Nacho, and fairly cheap to get a good starter army in the table as well. As for the dice rolls, man they were more than just lucky. I became suspicious that he may have sacrificed his first born to the dice gods by turn 4. It was freaky just how regular he rolled sixes and I rolled ones.

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Its a great system, Nacho, and fairly cheap to get a good starter army in the table as well. As for the dice rolls, man they were more than just lucky. I became suspicious that he may have sacrificed his first born to the dice gods by turn 4. It was freaky just how regular he rolled sixes and I rolled ones.
I'm thinking about styling a British army after the desert rats(grandad was in North africa). I've looked at the models and it's pretty cheap compared to the other stuff I play lol.

About the dice lol, I rememeber a game with this dude at Stirling GW used loaded dice. I enjoyed the game all the same but I was like, "you bastard" lol

·
Registered
409 Posts
Top report that KF.

I've recently started work again on my late war British infantry after three months of not picking up a brush, so this is great inspirado.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great bat rep, but I am disappointed with the performance of the tanks, if I got involved with a ww2 game I'd be all over armour like a tramp eating chips
The poor performance of my tank was down to shit dice rather than shit tank. However, in an infantry orientated game tanks are a big points sink, especially if you want to run big German cats. Historically they were awesome at killing other tanks, but if there is nothing for them to shoot their big guns at you've basically paid 40% of your points for two MGs in a mobile pillbox.

There is a Tank Wars supplement, but if you want big WWII tank battles Flames of War is more fitting.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
And you let the Reds win? For shame, my friend, for shame. :laugh:

Really neat bat-rep, man. Sucks the dice turned on you.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
That sounded painful.....

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The models look good,
And they are getting better. The new USMC, Winter Russians and German Grenadier plastic boxes are stunning, even better than their metal equivalents, and there are rumoured to be plastic Brit Paras, Winter US, and the Warlord boss man himself, former GW stalwart, Paul Sawyer has confirmed that plastic Fallschirmjager are on the way.

seems like it plays well
Best system I've played to date in 25 years of war gaming.

its an excuse to build some nice scenery.
Yup. It's the first time I've got off my ass and put any serious effort into making some decent scenery.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Total agreement.

I'm feverishly working to complete my 1000 points of late war Brit so I can start chucking some dice around. The game mechanics are absolutely top notch.

Also working on scenery - putting together woods, bushes, fences and buildings.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts