Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Just get either a wooden board and staple the roll of flocked terrain from GW or get pva and sprinkle your own flock onto the board. The way GW has their 4x4 board is they staple a roll of paper/whatever it is to the board and play on it.

Sounds easy but it's effective. The only bad thing is the rolls are expensive

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yeah, probably some of your own flock.
Maybe even you could do what GW did ages ago. Loads of people were leaning on the tablesa dn to prevent that the staff glued some of their gravel onto the edges of the boards so people wouldn't lean on it cuase it would hurt. It worked. Until it gradually got scraped off. Lol.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
lol, shut up, i'll show you how to make something a bit more robust than all that crap :D

my germans leave today, so i'll start gathering material.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The best material to use for a good overall board is sheets of polystyrene insulation foam, 1" thick, glued to a hardboard base. Polystyrene sheets can be cut into quarters or left as large sheets. It has the ability to be stressed and beaten in many ways for terrain effects. It can be cut and seperated for deeper river/creek areas. If you want shallow lower areas of terrain, just take a hairdryer and melt the surface. Any hill effects canbe easily made and glued to the main surface before flocking. Flocking easily glues to it. Best of all, its easy to find (local building supply store) and it's light for easy transport.

·
Registered
616 Posts
lol, agreed. I need to make a new table soon for the club I'm setting up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts