Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in a bout of sheer insanity I learned how to build rudimentary electronics in order to make my helldrake just a bit more unique. I did this by housing a simple circuit in the body and using a ultra bright blue LED. Next step is to paint it up and base it. FWI I am planing all my new CSM vehicles to have integrated LED's. SO what due you think so far?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah unfortunately it may end up clashing a bit with the blue LED. You can see what I mean with the attached biker pic. What can I say I got tired of my drab metal CSM's and thought I would brighten things up a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now with scenic base.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
ive wanted to do this. im guessing youre just using LED, resistor, and battery? i wanted to give my DE raiders some engine lights, but i could never get a controlled dimming effect.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah its a simple circuit using a 3.5 volt ultra bright blue LED, a very low Ohm resistor for regulating the amplitude of the circuit to increase the LED's life, 2 1.5 volt alkaline batteries in plastic holster located in the attached building, and a simple 3 way toggle switch. Also in your project you could have gotten the desired dimming effect by using a variable resistor as that would have done the trick.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The power source and switch are housed in the building the resistor and LED are permanently housed in the models torso.

Reactions: Romero's Own

·
Registered
275 Posts
more correct term is pulsing, by bad. ever tried preassembled LEDs? awhile back so one linked me to a site with LEDs that come with the resistor and +/- cables connected and housed. only needing a switch and power.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
more correct term is pulsing, by bad. ever tried preassembled LEDs? awhile back so one linked me to a site with LEDs that come with the resistor and +/- cables connected and housed. only needing a switch and power.
Yah pulsing would have required some sort of capacitor system, and I have just started learning about how to integrate those into a circuit now. As for pr-asemabled LED circuits I was actually using this project as a way to apply the self thought electronics information I have been picking up in the last week, so I was trying to avoid short cuts. Speaking of which I still have to pick up a voltage meter.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So as you can guess I have no life so here is a update.

Attachments

Reactions: Dave T Hobbit

·
Registered
275 Posts
yea, i rigged up a capacitor and a 555. followed youtube guides, had 2 friends more knowledge in this then me. no luck. couldnt get it to work.
you should look into tesla for the android. very nice SPICE

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Watch the skies, and prepare to die because its almost ready to take to the skies!

Attachments

Reactions: neferhet
1 - 20 of 25 Posts