Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I may have a problem that will probably screw my painting over tonight. I have recently experienced what I believe is called Blossoming. I used Chaos Black GW primer on my mini (which I had recently stripped with Rubbing Alcohol) and went outside after I believed it dry to spray it down for a new paint job. Only problem is, now it seems some of the primer dried in a way that looks like it "gunked" up in in certain areas, and it really looks like crap. THe spray didn't do this the first time I used it, so does anyone know what may have caused this? Will I need to strip the paint again inorder to paint the mini and have the primer not ruin it? Note that it was very humid outside when I was priming, if that helps at all. Thanks

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, and I'm fresh out of Rubbing Alcohol. Thanks for letting me know. I'm off to the store. Any suggestions as to how I can avoid the humidity and still get to prime it tonight?

·
Registered
40 Posts
unless you want to get drop cloths and painters tape for the bathroom, not really. I paint in my garage on a workbench but the humidity here is like zero.

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks again

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you shop at wal-mart the purplr gallon jugs on super clean floor cleaner work great for stripping minis, plastic or metal. and the blue cans of black spray paint with the matte finish work well for primer. Sounds weird I know.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
That might not be the only cause of it, if you've got any traces of the alcohol on the model, that would affect the primer. If you didn't, make sure that you wash the models with water after as well, since you want to get all traces of the stuff off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts