Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Captain Citadel on the Bols Lounge said:
The Plastic Bloodthirster is real.
Kit makes three models a normal bloodthirster with whip and Axe of Khorne, one wielding a monstrous two-handed axe, third has a doubleheaded axe and super long chain flail. The wings are really big - the model is almost as big as Nagash, and is extra tall. It is sculpted on top of a flickering flame. There are three different heads with different types of horns and helmets. Large armoured hooves, thigh straps, regular upper body strapps and gladiator kindof armour. Super muscular, like a super ripped world's strongest man mixed with a Khorne daemon.
I guess this means Skarbrand is dead for good according to End Times, right?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Except Skarbrand has two axes and daemons can't truly die.
And it doesn't look like this kit makes him. Also, to quote -

Skarbrand leads a vast army of daemons to Naggaroth and intecepts Malekith on a trip to see his Mother, he was then killed by Malekith when their forces met and his army defeated.
Still a headscratcher that the kit doesn't make Skarbrand, but this might be an explanation as to why.

·
Registered
633 Posts
And it doesn't look like this kit makes him. Also, to quote -

Still a headscratcher that the kit doesn't make Skarbrand, but this might be an explanation as to why.
Well, I suppose they could do with Warhammer what some other fantasy settings tend to do with demons, where if the corporeal body is slain they have some kind of spirit or essence that goes back to whatever nightmare dimension it crawled out of.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bah, I'm 75% done a longterm scarbrand conversion, worst case it will just be a shelf model :)
Or...y'know...a regular old Bloodthirster :victory:

Well, I suppose they could do with Warhammer what some other fantasy settings tend to do with demons, where if the corporeal body is slain they have some kind of spirit or essence that goes back to whatever nightmare dimension it crawled out of.
That is actually the fluff. However given there doesn't seen to be a Skarbrand option here, "removed from Codex/Army Book" is a possibility.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
But was it earlier? I mean I posted this first thing in the morning :biggrin:
Yes, my post predates yours by about 5 hours.

Since this model could be used for WFB OR 40k, it does sort of deserve it's own attention. Especially considering all that buzz about the alleged Khorne suppliment. For all we know, the Bloodthirster kit could end up not being for the End Times exclusively but as part of the overall Daemons range.

anyone else hoping it makes Be'lakor?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, my post predates yours by about 5 hours.

Since this model could be used for WFB OR 40k, it does sort of deserve it's own attention. Especially considering all that buzz about the alleged Khorne suppliment. For all we know, the Bloodthirster kit could end up not being for the End Times exclusively but as part of the overall Daemons range.

anyone else hoping it makes Be'lakor?
To be honest, I just saw Rumor, didn't see it had a topic so I posted Discussion Thread. And considering the pacing of 9th Ed thread (and that it might be maybe slightly off topic there, not that the other threads usually somehow get derailed), well...

...In other thoughts, a Be'lakor is unlikely but it would be nice considering he's still a metal/finecast model. In personal opinion, Be'lakor really should get his own kit or be an option for the Demon Prince (or some sort of Super Demon Princes, a la the Maggoth Lords/Verminlords/Mortarchs).

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
To be honest, I just saw Rumor, didn't see it had a topic so I posted Discussion Thread. And considering the pacing of 9th Ed thread (and that it might be maybe slightly off topic there, not that the other threads usually somehow get derailed), well...

...In other thoughts, a Be'lakor is unlikely but it would be nice considering he's still a metal/finecast model. In personal opinion, Be'lakor really should get his own kit or be an option for the Demon Prince (or some sort of Super Demon Princes, a la the Maggoth Lords/Verminlords/Mortarchs).
Yeah, at this point, all the threads relating to 9th ed sorta overlap, so this once can remain a happy thread.

For some reason, I think Be'lakor gets some page time in the next End Times books. Or at least that's what the rumours are pointing to. It would be nice to see Be'lakor get some sort of plastic model, but if he remains finecast.... well we know what that means for him. Gotrek's axe to the cranium.

I'm looking forward to this kit.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, at this point, all the threads relating to 9th ed sorta overlap, so this once can remain a happy thread.

For some reason, I think Be'lakor gets some page time in the next End Times books. Or at least that's what the rumours are pointing to. It would be nice to see Be'lakor get some sort of plastic model, but if he remains finecast.... well we know what that means for him. Gotrek's axe to the cranium.

I'm looking forward to this kit.
Hopefully, it'll be him fighting Gortek & Felix. Apparently this is where that subplot is going.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I doubt Archaon's going to be a big kit - they didn't re-do Karl Franz, Malekith or Tyrion for their releases and while Karl Franz is pretty new (and large, because he has a griffon the size of a house instead of a horse), the Malekith model is absolutely fucking awful and ancient, and Tyrion's certainly not getting any younger. Nah, there'll be a seperate big kit for the Archaon book; either the Bloodthirster, which would be a bit of a shame because it's unlikely they'll get two big kits and that would disprove the Van Horstmann on Baudros/Lord on Chaos Dragon kit which I really want to happen if Fantasy's going to stay happening the way we hope.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I doubt Archaon's going to be a big kit - they didn't re-do Karl Franz, Malekith or Tyrion for their releases and while Karl Franz is pretty new (and large, because he has a griffon the size of a house instead of a horse), the Malekith model is absolutely fucking awful and ancient, and Tyrion's certainly not getting any younger. Nah, there'll be a seperate big kit for the Archaon book; either the Bloodthirster, which would be a bit of a shame because it's unlikely they'll get two big kits and that would disprove the Van Horstmann on Baudros/Lord on Chaos Dragon kit which I really want to happen if Fantasy's going to stay happening the way we hope.
Archaon is supposed to be riding a dragon though. I thought it was going to be a Lord/Van Hortmann/Archaon triple kit?

Maybe that's going to be the Maggoth Lord/Mortarch equivilant, and the Bloodthirster will be the nagash/Glottkin equivilant

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I'd be surprised, as Dorghar is the Steed of the Apocalypse and, I believe, one of the things that makes Archaon the Everchosen along with the Slayer of Kings, the Armour of Morkar, the obvious Crown of Domination, the Mark of Chaos Ascendant (that might be Abaddon's one, but it's basically the same), and the Eye of Sheerian. Giving him up for a dragon would be kinda weird.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'd be surprised, as Dorghar is the Steed of the Apocalypse and, I believe, one of the things that makes Archaon the Everchosen along with the Slayer of Kings, the Armour of Morkar, the obvious Crown of Domination, the Mark of Chaos Ascendant (that might be Abaddon's one, but it's basically the same), and the Eye of Sheerian. Giving him up for a dragon would be kinda weird.
I'd be pretty happy with him remaining on the steed, unless... it turns into a dragon or something like that. I'm just recalling the initial rumour we heard, which called for this kit, the dragon one, and something else.

Though, each ET release has only come with one multi-model kit, and this sounds like this is the one for ET: A

1 - 20 of 134 Posts