Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not able to see any post clarifying this or this being enquired before but many people have made the "mistake" that there is a 3+ armour save on bloodcrushers, I have looked through the daemons codex and I have looked up, down, left, right, centre, in the depths of the spine of the book, even in the very artwork and found no mention of how bloodcrushers gain a 3+ save other than skulltaker who gets a 3+ armour save before he gets the bloodcrusher as an upgrade.

Am I just missing something that everyone else knows? because if I am: I would be pleasantly surprised. It might mean the bloodcrushers I bought as part of the 'Khorne's Fury' set were not a complete waste of money.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The 3+ armour was last edition due to the juggers having the 'iron hide' special rule.

Juggers suffered from the move to the new edition, losing their save, T5 and the beautiful eternal warrior. Sure they have 3 wounds but that doesn't stop a krak missile sending you back to the warp

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I see where a supposed mix-up might be coming from then: that is fair enough.

Personally I do not see how a metal rhino has the same "armour" save as an Ork wearing merely a T-shirt and even how it equates to being the same toughness as a boy.

Opinions aside, thank you for the clarification.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Metal Rhino or warp spawned thing that looks a bit like metal ?

Being a daemon and a fairly low one at that, it would seem logical that is banishes back to the warp a bit easier than other things.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
So a bit like that 3+ armour rule called "warp-spawned armour" then? :p

The blood thirster is wearing less armour than him and he gets that same rule.
No more like the 3+ armour rule called "Warp Forged Armour" and it goes without saying a Greater Daemon will get better kit than a cow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Warp Forged Armour"
by the actual meaning of the words in this situation, it pretty much means the same thing :p I do not have my codex in front of me to be exact so I am sorry for being wrong with one word.

it goes without saying a Greater Daemon will get better kit than a cow.
Fair enough, but I could also add why bother putting your bloodletters on a metal cow that effectively has the hide with the same strength as paper for all its "metal" hide grants it. They are daemons I know but it reduces their supposed horrific nature that they were designed for. This is an argument for another post though so I'll leave it at that.

P.S. I'll need to look at the video you linked, deathklokk, later as I am in work and they have blocked it :p

·
Registered
207 Posts
well they do get that extra wound and are twice as fast now. moving 12 inch but not sure thy are worth the points. seems hard to justify.

And yes I'm sure are many people with the blood crushers who are a little disappointed in them now. will have to see if they can work again or if they will just gather dust now.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Mine have gathered dust since the new codex.
Khorne deamons are still good, but other than a pip of speed, crushers offer very little more than more bloodletters (who also are troops) could give you and to be honest I'd rather have another squad, especially now with instability

·
Registered
298 Posts
:goodpost:

Couldn't agree more

1 - 11 of 11 Posts