Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, this isn't recruitment yet. I'll make a new thread for that, if people wish to see this happen. (Probably with a better name!)

I may soon start a Vampire roleplay, set in the shadows of the Sylvanian mountains, close to the Aver Reach. You will be a band of vampires, from all bloodlines, lead by a Blood Dragon; Kroskar Bloodfang. He attempts to lead you to greatness, eventually you gain your own dead, an army, and we march upon the Empire.

That is just the simple idea in a nutshell. I'm just posting this to see if anyone is interested. If you are, please just tell me via this thread. I'd like to be able to, but if there's little interest, I won't be able to set it up.

Cheers,

Farseer D

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
maybe. never played as a vampire before :p so why not.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Heh, this is strange. I was just (Like two minutes ago :p) saying how I want to start a VC RP in the next few weeks....

I will probably be interested, depending or not I start my own up during the time, but otherwise, Morfran von Carstein will be with you :wink:

·
Registered
948 Posts
*Raises hand and jumps up and down* Pick me pick me!

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I'd be interested, the Necrachs will show you why we are the superior vampires.

I think there needs to be more fantasy roleplays. Im working on a Skaven one right now, and planning another though im not sure what it will centre around. Either Dark Elves or Warriors of Chaos.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear god that was fast. :laugh: I sense a future for this RP. Oh, and sorry DA for stealing your idea :grin: you could always set up another VC RP next to mine. Actually, please don't. Poor Kraskor wouldn't get any vampires to help him destroy everything. :biggrin:

Well, ok, perhaps some more information on the roleplay is necessary. I'm afraid you'd all have to be 4th generation or below (for those who don't understand what that means, a bit of research perhaps? :grin: ) and would not start with any minions. Oh, oh, inspirational moment there. Just thought of another plot to twist in. :p I'll just say it involves dragons.

Anyway, depending on how much time I have, I may get the thread up in the next few days. (Not Sunday, I've got Games Day!) Thank you all for showing interest, I'm frankly honoured that you're all so excited about my little roleplay. (Oh, and yes it would be little - only about 5 or 6 people, other than me.)

Also, another random nugget of information: Kraskor was sired by the Red Duke. (Again, if you didn't understand that; research?)

Again, thank you for your interest.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Dear god that was fast. :laugh: I sense a future for this RP. Oh, and sorry DA for stealing your idea :grin: you could always set up another VC RP next to mine. Actually, please don't. Poor Kraskor wouldn't get any vampires to help him destroy everything. :biggrin:

Well, ok, perhaps some more information on the roleplay is necessary. I'm afraid you'd all have to be 4th generation or below (for those who don't understand what that means, a bit of research perhaps? :grin: ) and would not start with any minions. Oh, oh, inspirational moment there. Just thought of another plot to twist in. :p I'll just say it involves dragons.

Anyway, depending on how much time I have, I may get the thread up in the next few days. (Not Sunday, I've got Games Day!) Thank you all for showing interest, I'm frankly honoured that you're all so excited about my little roleplay. (Oh, and yes it would be little - only about 5 or 6 people, other than me.)

Also, another random nugget of information: Kraskor was sired by the Red Duke. (Again, if you didn't understand that; research?)

Again, thank you for your interest.
Sounds interesting. And Necrachs do not need minions, we work best alone. After all they are the greatest of vampires.

Oh and about the bold highlight I added... CURSE YOU!.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Dravly can you put some vamp reference and info for the one in lexicanum is not that great. The one about the first necromancer (forgot his name), helps abit but its still not enough.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Reading this right now, :p actually not yet it just opened as a tab. Ill tell you what I did find by myself, Vampire Counts, Vampire, necromancer. Thats all I could find, anymore?

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I couldn't find anything on the generations thing, mind to evaluate via a PM for me? Oh, and I'm sure even if I did start mine now, yours' would get priority from most people :) it would be interesting, for the comparison in storylines, though..

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Nothing else. The books help but you'd have to read them fully.

I know enough about the Necrarch bloodline though, vampire sorcerers with little to no emotion remaining and they are among the most ancient and powerful vampires, and have powers the others don't, like the ability to survive in the sun for brief periods of time.

By generations he means the number of progeny. The original Von Carstein for example creates a vampire, said vampire is 2nd generation. You get the idea.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, ok. I must seem like a complete dick sending you all running around finding information that I have, so here is some of the points that may have needed clear-up:

- When a vampire gives a human (vampires have always been human. There are currently no exceptions to this.) the man becomes the vampire's GET. The one who gave the get the blood kiss (or SIRED him) is the SIRE.

- Originally, when Neferata created the vampire race by being bad at copying, her vampire blood was the most pure and, therefore, the most powerful. Each time a vampire gives the blood kiss, that original power is diluted. Therefore, characters such as Vlad, Abhorash, Melkhior etc. are considered 1st generation; they are the first of their line. Afterward, it's 2nd generation etc. Make no mistake; vampires of 6th generation are still horribly powerful; but less than, say, Abhorash. Also, vampires gain power with age.

- For a quick history of the vampire counts, well...

There was a kingdom in the southern deserts of the world, a mighty kingdom, before the Empire, ruled by men. One such man, Settra I believe, united the land under himself; but he could not conquer death. He set up the Mortuary Cult to find a way to defeat death; but Settra died before they could find a way. Nagash, a mighty sorceror who became the land's High Priest, eventually discovered it; pure life elixir, making himself immortal. Nagash then raised armies of the dead blah blah and got beaten by the "good" priest kings.

Then the queen of Lahmia, Neferata, stole some of Nagash's writings, and re-created the elixir; but those who drunk it required the blood of the living. These were the first vampires. More stuff happened, Neferata was discovered, Nagash came back and almost raised every single corpse in the entire world, but some freakin' Skaven made the most powerful blade in existence, (Fellblade), gave it to a priest king whose name I have forgotten, who somehow managed to defeat Nagash. The vampires fled northwards to the old world; and from there, the Vampire Counts emerged.

- That's a really brief summary, I'd suggest reading more. For a quick outline of the major bloodlines:

- von Carstein: typical vampire, can use magic, can fight; all-rounder

- Blood Dragon; a sense of honour, their master (Abhorash) tried to fight his need for human blood, they abhor magic in all forms, are awesome in a fight.

- Lahmian; think witch elf vampire, less crazy, tanned. Beautiful women, essentially, with powers to bewitch, and also good magical skill.

- Necrarch; crazy, evil-looking mages. powerful wizards.

- Strigoi; give themselves over completely to their bloodlust, usually in the form of wild beasts. very strong, but little magic IIRC.

SO, hopefully that helped. I'd still suggest reading up, however; I'm not exactly a textbook-perfect source. :grin:

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Dravly isnt it exactly what I posted XD If you bothered writing all this its sad :p You could just copy paste it from lexica ^^

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If you are still looking for people who are interested, with the people you have who would like to play, and my previous experiences of you as a GM, and because like the idea of being a blood sucking vampire, I'd be interested in joining!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Aha! Another thing to be superior to Deus in :p

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts