Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't gotten a chance to play much in 6th and I've never used the new SM dex. Wondering if this was any good.

155 Reclus (JP)
235 10x Assault (2x Melta, PF)
235 10x Assault (2x Melta, PF)
90 Sang Priest (JP, LC)

150 Khan
225 5x Bikes + Attack Bike (PF, Vet, 2x Plasma)(MM)
225 5x Bikes + Attack Bike (PF, Vet, 2x Plasma)(MM)
184 4x Bikes + Attack Bike (MBs, Combi-Grav, 2x Grav)(MM)

=1499

I'm not liking the lack of flyer defense in here and I'm also worried if the PFs are really worth it. I normally play pretty shooty so this is a little different for me. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a bad idea at all...

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
I don't agree with the reclusiarch (I love me some libbies) because 1) he can only affect your BA, and only the squad he's with (think presciences grav guns) 2) he is stuck with a maul and 3) you don't need the survivability for those 30 points - you have two ten man squads and a bunch of other squads too to help him survive. Past that...

I agree with flamers and hand flamers. Two of each for 220 a squad nets you 30 points which you can use to buff the last biker squad to 5. If you drop the PFs from the RAS, you definitely need them on the bikers - or at least a PW of some sort. You need to take out heavies. As for fliers, only helldrakes will really give you trouble - everything else can be ignored, essentially.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made some changes and I like it a lot. I'll be facing a lot of Xenos in the group I'm getting back to. I know there will be Eldar, DE, Chaos, 2 Necron players, Nids, and a badass Tau army.

125 Librarian (JP, Force Axe)
220 10x Assault (2x Flamer, 2x Hand-Flamer)
220 10x Assault (2x Flamer, 2x Hand-Flamer)
90 Sang Priest (JP, LC)

150 Khan
240 5x Bikes + Attack Bike (PF, Vet, Plas Pistol, 2x Plasma)(MM)
240 5x Bikes + Attack Bike (PF, Vet, Plas Pistol, 2x Plasma)(MM)
215 5x Bikes + Attack Bike (LC, Vet, 2x Grav)(MM)
=1500

Normally I wouldn't waste the points on Plas Pistols, but with Hit & Run they look good on paper. I'll just have to see if they are as good in practice.

·
Registered
113 Posts
with the enemy army comp i would switch out all the plasma things on 1 bike squad for grav.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts