Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SM army are the blood scars, a white scars/ blood angels successor chapter. Generally the scars are more dominant. My character is the Chapter master of the Blood scars - he's called Frankie Khainor, a randomish name but I think it sounds cool!

Stats would probably be: 300pts?
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
7 6 5 5 3 6 4 10 2+(inv 3+)

They're really high because my idea is that Khainor was made directly from Jaghatai Khan's geneseed, so he's sort of between primarch and normal sm.

He has a pair of lightning claws(extra attacks already in profile) which have built in plasma weapon thingies. They have a range of 30", assault 2, TL, and a special rule that means if a wound is scored on a model in a squad, the electricity from the shot could arc to another squad member on a 5+. This is because the plasma weps are overcharged, and they are sort of between a plasma gun and plasma cannon.

His lightning claws are relic blades as well, increasing him to S7.

He has a jump pack that can be swapped for a bike for 10pts.

As well as the normal chapter master special rules, he has the same one as Kor'sarro so the whole army can outflank, and he can go inside a land raider on bike or with JP - JP takes up 2 slots and bike 5 (this is due to his uncanny ability on bikes)
and he has feel no pain.

If he has a bike, he can move D6 extra regardless of how far he moves, and can fire 1 weapon (eg 1 plasma wep counting as not TL)when turbo boosting.

I know he seems like just an ultimate killing machine, but he is not eternal warrior, and he costs 300 pts or more if I get enough demands to increase!

Any suggestions to improve him pls!

Thanks

Gothminion

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Ah but the Blood Angels practise insanguation because they took all the blood from Sanguinius' dead body to preserve it by injecting it into their Sanguinary Priests- the White Scars had no reason to do that as their Primarch didn't die with them and they probably wouldn't have even if he did because they don't have the same fascination with blood as the sons of sanguinius do.
So if he was a mongrel he'd have the weaknesses inherent with the BA geneseed (they certainly wouldn't be countered by the aggressivness imparted to the Khan's progeny) without all their strengthened abilities.

Why does his 'uncanny' ability enable a Land Raider to be able to carry one? It's a matter of space not the rider's skill.

He's definitely a 300+ character- he seems to have most of the strengths of Mephiston without a lot of his weaknesses. Maybe 350+?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
You really need to tone down this dude, S7 claws are too much. This is a game ender, I know it is hard because in your head he is the best, I made one like this as well but he was a on man killing machine who ended up being 450 points. This guy should be around 375-400 with his rules. Yeah, I don't give a damn if he is a a biker god you cannot fit those inside of a raider. At T5 him not having EW is like saying "it's only AS 4" when he has a inv save of 2+, it is basically meaningless.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, my I didn't explain it right in the fluff - I meant that as well as the geneseed, the techniques used to create him (create - not modify man) were similar to those used in the making of the primarchs. I'd say the uncanny skill thing is riding your bike backwards through the land raider assault hatch, and if you still don't buy that let's say the landraider has been modified a bit to accomodate him in case he needs more protection. 370 pts maybe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was stuck fluff-wise for any weaknesses I could give him, so any suggestions for that pls!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
So who made him? Because only the Emperor had the knowledge to create the Primarchs and even he was only able to make 20 of them.

Fabius Bile, possibly the only man in creation who could potentially make some sort of primitive Astartes using his own techniques hasn't come close to being able to unlock the secret of the Primarchs.

This guy is, according to the reasons you've provided as unlikely is as Female Astartes (hell, probably even more unlikely) and you really need to tell us how such an experiment came to be the Master of a Chapter of Astartes.
If you try to tell us the entire Chapter was made the same way then you need to hand in your Fluff Pass and get out of town...

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
I suggest you rethink your entire fluff on this dude.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
if you want to stay at 300 pts id make his WS/BS 5;

make the overcharged plasma guns get the "Gets Hot" rule on a 1-2;

wound is scored on a model in a squad, the electricity from the shot could arc to another squad member on a 5+
IMO this should be on a roll of a 6 only - like rending

have duel LCs that are relic blades are contradicting - so either lose an attack & STAY at strength 6, or loose the relic blade status.

instead of Ko'Khan's chapter trait, why not make it "all bike squads are troops &
can move D6 extra regardless, and can fire 1 weapon
(including frank if he is on a bike)?

id also veto the JP/bike in a land raider thing

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
all bikes troops is one of khans chapter traits already.
I'll have to rethink the fluff - any suggestions pls

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Make it less...... Extravagant.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
far as i gather the only two leigons that mixed were Iron Warriors/Imperial Fists altough i am not sure if that was intentional or stolen geneseed could someone enlighten me on that one...(still trying to work out how Honsou became a half breed is all)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Well the Imperial Fists aren't the only Legions to have been mixed, the Lamenters for instance are considered a possible mongrel chapter having 'fixed' the weaknesses inherent in the seed of sanguinius.

Each Marine contains 2 geneseed, 1 is implanted and the other grows using the genetic data it sifts from the marine's body as he matures- it's possible that Honsou could have had his various Astartes organs (that provide said genetic data to the growing geneseed) from both Iron Warrior and Imperial Fist origins.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts