Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Heretics. I just bought DoW 2 CR yesterday, finished it this morning and oticed something. Their Chapter Master is basically a Chaos Marine.

I also found out that they are more than likely a founding chapter of the Sons Of Horus/Black Legion being because the Chapter Master Kyras almost always pulls the Blood Ravens out from conflicts with the Black Legion.

I thought it was because Kyras knows they are a Black legion Chapter and he wants to get as far away from them as possible cause he wants all the Power to himself.

Just a little something to think about.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
umm black legion are not a founding chapter, there basicly the remains of the sons of horus and was renamed and reinforced by other renegades/warbands.

but then i only play tabletop and not DOW (cant stand RTS games)

·
Registered
427 Posts
just because the commander looks slightly chaos-ish, doesn't mean the whole chapter is, individuals can get corrupted, and as the DoW series portrays them as the ultimate good guys its unlikely that they would be heretics

just my opinions

edd

·
Registered
581 Posts
They are a loyalist chapter who dont know where or which primarch they came from.
Its pretty clear from the hh novel a thousand sons that they are a loyalist remenent from the thousand sons.

I can get you the exact quote if you like?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
umm black legion are not a founding chapter, there basicly the remains of the sons of horus and was renamed and reinforced by other renegades/warbands.

but then i only play tabletop and not DOW (cant stand RTS games)
Eh, dude I'm not an idiot, I do know that.
And I didn't mean that the entire Chapter is Heretic. What I meant was that they could have possibly come from Sons Of Horus/Black Legion Gene Stock.

Yer FORTHELION, if you could that would be great.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Most people now hold to the theory that they are descended from the Thousand Sons. There is no evidence in Dawn of War 2 which suggests they are descended from the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus.

As for if they are heretics? Well there is certainly an element of the Chapter (including the Chapter Master himself) which is corrupted. I predict that the next game (if there is one) which revolve around a Blood Ravens civil war.

·
Registered
581 Posts
There is a part in the book about a remembrancer called Kalista and she has a vision of the future, it basically says this

its too late... the wolf is at the door and it hungers for blood. Oh throne... no, the blood! The ravens, i see them too. The lost sons and a raven of blood. they cry out for salvation and knowledge, but it is denied!

considering the term raven of blood being the blood ravens.
the lost sons, not knowing where they came from.
and crying out for salvation and knowledge, knowledge is power is the battle cry of the blood ravens.

its pretty clear if you ask me, but thats only my personal opinion.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Dow2 supposidly has 3 expanisions in total already licensed.

The chapter master is corrupted and some of his inner circle, but angelos can deliver retribution from his hammer. The problem is how they going to get the war, without completely destroying the chapter, and making it look like gabriels making a move for power. Maybe the Imp G and ordo malleus will become playable factions?

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
I personally thought that both the game and the book A Thousand Sons have gone into conflict over this. Because it does hint the Blood Ravens being somewhat close to the Black Legion and it has been assumed by many that they could possibly be part of the Black Legion from the reference of brother. However, I think that they will make sure that, that little instince is little more than coincidence as the Blood Ravens do have more in common with the thousand sons and the fact that it has been published in print makes it more permanent to where in the game they still have time to change how things look.

As for the game itself. I went the ruinous path and I hate how I just stand there at the end and wait to get smacked in the face with a hammer. That ending was retarded. If I went all the way chaos I don't see how I'd be waiting to get smacked in the face by someone with a hammer. but whatever.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I've seen this very same thread on numerous other forums. And answer to this is as follows.

I do not believe that the Blood Ravens are descending from the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus/Black Legion, simply because there is nothing in the tactics or doctrines of BR that match the LW/BL. As to Abaddon's interest in the BR and Kyras's odd behavior when the BR face the BL, I think it comes from two possibilities.

A) Kyras made a deal in the past with Abaddon, perhaps to remove the previous Chapter Master or something like that. But when it came time for Kyras to return the favor, he backed out of the deal, earning Abaddon's wrath.

B) Some time in the BR's lost history, they managed to stop one of Abaddon's plots, possibly destroying an ancient Chaos relic in the process. Perhaps Kyras learned of this event somehow, or perhaps it's been kept secret among the BR Chapter Masters. I believe Kyras fears that Abaddon is seeking to use the knowledge of his fall to turn the BR against each other and tear themselves apart in a civil war, and seeks to keep the BR away from the BL until the majority of the Chapter has joined him. Which may have actually been Eliphas's true goal during CR, to push Angelos and the FC into uncovering Kyras's fall into Chaos, sparking the inevitable Chapter War.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
baddon didn't help Kyras into power, the preious Chapter Master was killed in battle against Ulkair, the Great Unclean one. Kyras then went on to imprison the deamon in the Chapter keep on Aueralia.

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
baddon didn't help Kyras into power, the preious Chapter Master was killed in battle against Ulkair, the Great Unclean one. Kyras then went on to imprison the deamon in the Chapter keep on Aueralia.
Actually, while a chapter master did die on Aueralia, Kyras was trapped in the warp on that space hulk in DoW2 for who knows how long, since he was on Aueralia when it was trapped in the warp. He escaped when a BR strike team invaded the space hulk, and he and a possessed apothecary were the only survivors. I don't know how he became chapter master after that, but I don't see there being a vacancy open while he was trapped in the warp.

Anyway, I always thought the reason why Kyras pulled out of conflicts with the BL was because the BL knew he was chaos, so I suppose the baddon helping kyras gain power is plausible.

·
Registered
929 Posts
question... if the blood ravens are the left over gene seeds from the TS. then shouldnt they be super dooper psykers as well? if they have magnus' geneseed then they should? also shouldnt they be prone to the same 'spontanious mutation' that afflicted the TS of old?

·
Registered
581 Posts
They have an abnormal amount of psykers in the ranks, more than any other chapter, and they also are subjected to mutation. It is in one of the dawn of war books (cant remember which one) that one of the marines shows his hand which just mutated and he was told to cover it up.

·
Registered
929 Posts
They have an abnormal amount of psykers in the ranks, more than any other chapter, and they also are subjected to mutation. It is in one of the dawn of war books (cant remember which one) that one of the marines shows his hand which just mutated and he was told to cover it up.
interesting. :read:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
DoW Tempest. "in place of hands Ckrius had grown strange fleshy stumps with a series interwining tendrils protruding where fingers should have been" (p766 Trilogy)

And they have the highest ranks of psykers than any other chapter. Their chapter master is also frequently master of the librarium as well (That why Kyras has a psycic hood and other librarian gear)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts