Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do things get a cover save? I shot at a rhino, that had a vindicator behind it, with another rhino behind that. Do the Vindi & Back rhino get cover?? My opponent and I decided yes, but I just wanted to see if other people were doing it that way.(I still managed to pop both rhino's- WOO HOO BloodLance :grin: )

·
Registered
108 Posts
We have always played at club that the BloodLance does not need line of sight to wound or penetrate.
Although it does not say Ap1 or Ap2 in its stats. If your lucky enough to be in or behind cover, take the save.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Unless it specifically states you cant take cover saves, you can. And being behind a tank is pretty good cover. So i agree with your decision.

Shasso AP1 or AP2 would do nothing to cover, your thinking FnP.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
You CAN take Cover Saves against any wound caused, unless specifically exempted (like CC attacks).
However, LOS only comes into it when it's a Shooting Attack, or it specifically states you use LOS.
Since Blood Lance is a Shooting Attack, and does not specify that you ignore LOS, you can take cover saves from it for being out of LOS.

Not 100% sure of that, but I'm very confident that that's the truth.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don't have the BA codex atm but i'm pretty sure it says nothing about ignoring LoS, if i remeber right it is a shooting attack so you would need LoS to the first target it was going to hit, any targets hit after that don't need LoS since the lance has already been fired and just continues in a line for the distance rolled, cover saves will be taken as normal from firing.

Hope that helps clear it up a bit

·
Registered
87 Posts
If the 1st Rhino exploded, would the vindicator behind it get any cover saves?

If the 1st Rhino survived but Vindicator exploded, would the Rhino (3rd vehicle) get a cover save when the Librarian has a clear LoS to it?
If a vehicle explodes the wreckage would still provide a cover save surely.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Not for vehicles. The vehicle must be 50% obscured and when a vehicle explodes it leaves a crater or similar flat piece of terrain.

To that question though the cover save is taken when a glancing or penetrating hit is scored so say you fire lance, pens both, you roll for the cover save then not roll damage for the first tank then try the other one.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
If the 1st Rhino exploded, would the vindicator behind it get any cover saves?

If the 1st Rhino survived but Vindicator exploded, would the Rhino (3rd vehicle) get a cover save when the Librarian has a clear LoS to it?
No, since all hits resulting from the Blood Lance are resolved at the same time, just like a normal unit's shooting.
Meaning, the front vehicle could explode, but it would still be getting hit at the exact same 'game step' as the vehicle behind it gets hit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts