Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title says, if you have two tanks in a line and you hit though both with blood lance would the 2nd vehicle get a cover save from the closest one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well i assumed that went without saying.Squad rules would then factor in.The OP made it appear as non squaded vehicles.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well... what if the first one exploded? Would you resolve the first vehicle completely before moving on the successive vehicle, thus this second vehicle could not claim 'cover' as what would have given it cover is no longer there?

would all hit get resolve at the same time? or are they done in linear order from first thing in the path to the last?

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Well... what if the first one exploded? Would you resolve the first vehicle completely before moving on the successive vehicle, thus this second vehicle could not claim 'cover' as what would have given it cover is no longer there?

would all hit get resolve at the same time? or are they done in linear order from first thing in the path to the last?
ALL shooting from a single unit is simultaneous.

·
Registered
125 Posts
As much as that may make sense, I would have to ask "What is it based on as written?"
Normal shooting, one unit shoots one other unit. Long Fangs are noted exception. However, in the case of the Long Fangs, the targeted unit(s) are chosen consciously. While there is no choosing of units, only the direction of the shot.

Blood lance is an exception in that it hits each unit in its path once. However, no additional information is given for how to resolve it with multiple units beyond what they suffered as a result of the path of the shot.

1) Chronologically, the units hit by this attack would not be simulaneous. One definitely happens after another.

2) I see why one would want to resolve things simulaneously. But playing the DA, what prevents a player from saying that the hit of subsequant targets happens after the resolution of each hit. Therefore, each target has a new sets of condition for being hit.

3)Which printed page could I point to say that Blood Lance hits are resolved simulaneously therefore units behind other units all gain cover...

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
3)Which printed page could I point to say that Blood Lance hits are resolved simulaneously therefore units behind other units all gain cover...
It is the other way round: the general rule is that all shots form a unit are resolved simultaneously, so anyone who disagrees will have to show an exception.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
What happens when you have a Blast weapon, which catches two vehicles? you work out the damage simultaneously. Same thing happens here. The tank behind gets cover, if it's more that 50% covered by the unit in front.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments, kinda figured it would get a cover save but just wanted to clarify it, though i would prefer it if they didnt :wink:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
If they Second tank is totally out of sight or very hidden behind the other tank you'll probably Qualify for a 3+ Cover Save as well.

Aramoro
Strangely enough, only if you can see some of the vehicle that is not the side they are facing. If they can't see the vehicle at all (rhino behind a Land Raider for instance), the 3+ does not kick in :p That's going off the bottom paragraph of P62.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts