Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few questons about the new blood angels army list. (iknow its out in like two weeks but i'm impatiant to start):-

since they're getting rid of everyone automatically having furious charge will we be able to purchase it in the same way that a normal sm army can from the sm codex or at least give veteran units (terms etc veteran skills)?

is it true assault troops will count as troop choices?

will death co still get free jump packs/rhino?

is it true you can purchase additional death co to a max of 10?

will there be any new minis? or chapter specific upgrade parts? (like they did for templars)

are they getting rid of sanguinary high priests?

how many furioso dreads can be upgraded to death company dreads and are they getting rid of moriar?

any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't know much about it, but from what I've heard, Moriar is gone, but you can approximate him using the basic dread. Also, I believe that you can have a maximum of ten Death Company in your entire army, so if you get, say, seven for free, you can only buy three more.

Other than that, I don't really know, as I've not been paying much attention to the Blood Angels, but I'm sure there are others around here who know their stuff.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Ok this is what I know, which isn't much but still.

You can't buy Furious Charge.

Assualt squads do count as troops.

Death Company may buy jumppacks for a low price per model. Max of 10 free (which relies on certain squads being taken I think) but then you can buy up the differance, I think Kelvin explained it better. They can get a drop pod or a rhino. The rules for how many you get seem a bit complex to me but that might just be me.

No new minis etc. The list is just ment to update the army, its not meant as a new codex etc. This is just a tie over to keep Blood Angels armies still viable.

High Preists are still there but in a Command Squad.

All Furiouso's can be upgraded.

Hope that helps you. You may wana check it with LongBeard though, he knows Blood Angels like the back of his hand.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Jacobite said:
You may wana check it with LongBeard though, he knows Blood Angels like the back of his hand.
And trust us, lonbeard really knows that hand pretty well ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
maximus2467 said:
since they're getting rid of everyone automatically having furious charge will we be able to purchase it in the same way that a normal sm army can from the sm codex or at least give veteran units (terms etc veteran skills)?
Nope, but Veteran Assault Squads get 2 base attacks, and are now the best, non-DC unit in the list. Makes us for something.

maximus2467 said:
is it true assault troops will count as troop choices?
Yep. But they are crazy expensive.

maximus2467 said:
will death co still get free jump packs/rhino?
No. You must pay X points per DC member to get a jump pack, and then you can exchange it for a Rhino or DP(the leaked codex isn't clear about this; you might be able to get the Rhino or DP for free, but I do believe it is as I explained it)

maximus2467 said:
is it true you can purchase additional death co to a max of 10?
Yep. You can have more then 10, but only if all of them are free, from units (its possible to get 14 free DC)

maximus2467 said:
will there be any new minis? or chapter specific upgrade parts? (like they did for templars)
Nope, they are just rereleasing the special characters, and the Baal, apparently (mines on backorder for a week or two)

maximus2467 said:
are they getting rid of sanguinary high priests?
Sadly, yes. We still have sanguinary priests in the Honor Guard squads, but no SHP

maximus2467 said:
how many furioso dreads can be upgraded to death company dreads and are they getting rid of moriar?
any and all of them, if you want to. And yes, Moriar is gone.

Hoped I helped!

·
Registered
630 Posts
And trust us, lonbeard really knows that hand pretty well
Just what are you Implying rude sir! :wink:
Maximus! If you want to drop me your e-mail via PM I have something that may be of Interest.....

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got the new WD (part 1 and 2), BA kick ass.
Their rules blow the DA out of the water and the death Co is nasty.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i do enjoy the death company have rending now, that more than makes up for the loss of furious charge in my opinion. and the vet assault squads are totally bombtiggidy now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
sweet, does he still have toughness 5? cuz personally that counts more cuz hes got the force weapon already

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
You do realize that this was a very old rumors thread that became pointless once the new codex came out, right?

CaptainBailean, the codex has been available for free on the GW website for some time. Why not go and download it? If you already have it, then your questions are answered.

Please pay attention to the dates when you read old posts in the archive. Just because you see a thread talking about changes to the blood angels codex doesn't mean it's something you have to worry about...since the thread is almost a year out of date and the changes have already happened.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts