Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings folks!

I've got my first Eldar match in years tomorrow evening and would certainly appreciate some advice. I typically run a all JP list, but have had a blast playing a mixed list of late. I'm not sure what to expect from this match-up and would like to be as prepared as possible. I know my opponent will be running a half mech list as well, leaning more towards troops.

Have I covered all my bases with this list? My plan was to provide fire support with the Devs, LS and Pred while the Baal outflanks and the Vindi/RAS move forward. The 5-man RAS will DoA behind the biggest armored threat. I had Astorath in, but dropped him for the Libby and Typhoon.

I've got a lot of units I can toss around here, so this doesn't have to be the final list by any means. I have a second Baal and AC/LC Pred, Sanguinary Guard, Death Company, Honor Guard with Meltas, 10 x VV and more Devs.

Thanks for the help!

HQ:
Libby - w/ JP [125]

Elite:
2 x Sang. Priest - w/ JPs [150]

Troops:
Assault Squad - w/ 2 x MG and PF [235]
Assault Squad - w/ 2 x Flamers, MB and PW [220]
Assault Squad - 5 w/ MG and IF [125]

Fast Attack:
Land Speeder Typhoon - [90]
Baal Pred. - w/ AC/HB [145]

Heavy:
Vindicator - [145]
Predator - w/ AC/LC [135]
Dev. Squad - w/ 4 x MLs [130]

Total: 1500

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Greetings folks!

I have a second Baal and AC/LC Pred, Sanguinary Guard, Death Company, Honor Guard with Meltas, 10 x VV and more Devs.

Thanks for the help!

HQ:
Libby - w/ JP [125]
Not a bad choice, I would suggest Terminator Armor. Eldar have a large lack of Power Weapons, and a large preponderance of Witch Blades. It's better to resist on that 2+
Elite:

Troops:
Remove the Melta Bombs. Nothing the Eldar can field require it. Krak will open all their vehicles nicely, and bombs are of no use against Wraithlords.
IF? do you mean Inferno Pistol? Five is rather small. You might be better off with a larger scout squad to objective hold.
Fast Attack:
Good Choices.
Heavy:
Vindicator - [145]
Eldar Vehicles are all Armor:12. Plasma Cannons might do you better than Missile Launchers in this situation. They can still threaten vehicles, and are FAR better at wiping out pesky infantry.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
38 Posts
HQ:
Libby - w/ JP [125]
What powers did you plan on?

Elite:

Troops:
As said before, drop the melta bombs. (saving 5 points)
Since this is 1500 I personally would drop this squad, points from this and other things dropped could get you... (saving 125 points)

Fast Attack:
... another Baal Pred AC/ HF (or HB, points for either). Nice wrecking eldar infantry.

Heavy:
Vindicator - [145]
I would take another Dev squad with 4 ML's instead. Popping transports and anti MC/ infantry is what you need if hes running half mech/ half footslogging. As a marine and eldar player, the vindi is overkill, you can't outright kill an MC, and Eldar have 3T and a ML can drop a farseer or Autarch on one shot. (Save 15 points)

I think I leaned it up enough, and gave you some more redundancy with some of the units. I think this will give you more fire saturation to take out transports and the footsloggers.

A few things that you may have problems with if you don't manage them well.

Banshees are nasty if they can get close, but they are easy to avoid/ destroy. I would imagine they will be in a transport if he has them, either destroy it or anticipate where he is setting up his assault because Eldar don't have assault vehicles and must move to where they will assault and deploy a turn before. This makes them kinda predictable.

Of course fire dragons, just kill them before they get close.

Wraithlords, a couple rounds of 1 Dev ML fire should be able to take one out easy.

Other then that, the guys on foot will be easy with baal preds and what not. Use your assault squads to counter attack or clean up. And make sure that libby gets in there to annoy the hell out of that farseer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies!

So it looks lie the 5-man RAS should go. I was planning on using them to deep strike behind some nasty armor, but it seems as though I may have enough range to take care of this.

I was very torn on the Vindi. Two Baals seems better than one, would you Outflank both? One issue I may have with this is that I may not have a second built in time. If I can't add a second, any suggestions on what to spend the 125pts on?

Flamers on one Assault Squad ok? I usually run Melta on each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts