Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440197a&prodId=prod1110191

Is it just me or do the Blood Angels badges looke decidedly shit?

I mean, it's fair do's it's pretty hard to get the tops of the wings wider when the top of the shoulder pad gets narrower, but they look like someone's drawn a blood drop with a four toothed comb on each side.

I've flagged the little blood angels icon on the post icons thing, look at that, then look at the combs.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440197a&prodId=prod1110191

Is it just me or do the Blood Angels badges looke decidedly shit?

I mean, it's fair do's it's pretty hard to get the tops of the wings wider when the top of the shoulder pad gets narrower, but they look like someone's drawn a blood drop with a four toothed comb on each side.

I've flagged the little blood angels icon on the post icons thing, look at that, then look at the combs.
They are fairly old, mass-produced, white metal pads- maybe if they were completely redone they'd be of a higher quality but as it is they're entirely consistent with ethos of metal GW models when they were made.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Nope, I like them, and I want them. :)

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I have bought a couple of sets and they don't look that bad in actuality.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
This, especially as I'm collecting BA's.
[High five for Blood Angels]

Lol, the thing is, that I collect Space Marines for Ultramarines to Salamanders, from Space Wolves to Blood Angels, from Revilers to home made chapters. Also known as everything, but I rarely collect more than a combat squad or so before moving on to a new color scheme... :wink:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'll just shut my big mouth! ;-)

Maybe that's why I haven't had the urge to buy any BA's. There's just something not right about them :-s

Still each to their own :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
[High five for Blood Angels]

Lol, the thing is, that I collect Space Marines for Ultramarines to Salamanders, from Space Wolves to Blood Angels, from Revilers to home made chapters. Also known as everything, but I rarely collect more than a combat squad or so before moving on to a new color scheme... :wink:
Ooooh, you could have an army of mixed chapters, like would probably actually happen at times.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Ooooh, you could have an army of mixed chapters, like would probably actually happen at times.
I could indeed, and I do. But currently I am putting my efforts on chapters that were present at Armageddon, just cause of the articles in this months White Dwarf. They were a good source for inspiration. :victory:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts