Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another potential Blood Angels list to replace the Imperial Fists.

Blood Angels "Rhino-Rush" - 2,000 points

HQ

Librarian shield of sanguinus

Librarian shield of sanguinus

Elite
Sanguinary Priest

Sanguinary Priest

Troops

10 x Assault Marines w/ Rhino 2 x meltaguns & hunter killer missile

5 x Assault Marines w/ Rhino 1 x flamer & hunter killer missile

5 x Assault Marines w/ Rhino 1 x flamer & hunter killer missile

10 x Scouts sniper rifles

Fast Attack

Land Speeder multi melta & heavy flamer

Land Speeder multi melta & heavy flamer

Heavy Support

Predator lascannons sponsons & hunter killer missile

Total: 2,005

I've got double Librarians again for shield goodness on vehicles, Librarians are always good HQ choices whatever codex flavour they come in.

Priests to give me feel no pain once my armour protection has gone. They along with the Librarians will go in the smaller squads, only problem here is these can be taken down with target priority and bye bye Librarians and bye bye Priests so no more shield and no more FnP and F.C.

Assault Squads are 3 x 10 which gives me double meltagun goodness, plus Rhinos are fast which means I can move 12" and still fire from the hatch. Throw in hunter killer missiles and I've more anti tank, ok I've over by 5 points because of a H-K, I'll mention this to my opponent and if they're not happy I'll drop a single H-K. The reason for the 5 man Assault Squads is so the Librarians and Priests can join a unit each.

Scouts are objective takers. I've decided to give them sniper rifles (even though I'm not mega keen) but they have longer range than bolters and still need 4+ to hit and mostly 4+ to wound but got the bonus of rending and the range. I've thrown on camo cloaks as better for cover saves.

Land Speeders are my suicide melta units, they've got heavy flamers for hordes too so multi role.

Triple Predators lay down the anti tank from a distance.

In this list I have:

8 x single shot krak missiles

8 melta weapons

6 x lascannons

6 x autocannons

That's still decent fire power but the bonus of this list is I have 54 Space Marines while the other is 40, that's 14 more which can make a difference Another bonus is this uses models out of my Imperial Fists list than the Razor-Spam list, which makes costs cheaper for me.

Tactics

Librarians and Priests join each of the 5 man Assault Squads, these are then setup so all units get FnP, F.C and shield protection.

Scouts are deployed in combat squads for seize ground objectives and go for the closest ones, in kill points and capture and control games they stay as a single unit and camp.

Rhinos first turn will either move 12" or hold position depending on the enemy, I hold position if a assault army so I blast a armoured target or monstrous creature with hunter killers and make sure it's dead. Against heavy mech I mvoe 12" still fire the H-K but I'm getting my meltas into range. The flamer units along with the Librarian and Priests can deal with infantry, Priest gives furious charge and I'll take unleash rage on my Librarian so re-roll to hit - groovy. With the Rhinos been fast I can move 18" towards the end of game and contest of claim objectives.

Land Speeders first turn will turbo boost ahead and get a cover save. They'll go for the highest priority armoured unit or monstrous creature, it will either be divide and conquer or torrent until dead. If the Speeders die next turn then fine, 70 points gone each. If not they'll keep busting vehicles and infantry.

Predators chill at the back of the board but if I'm in danger of being outflanked I'll keep moving them a fraction each turn, because fast vehicles can move 6" and fire all weapons which is a massive bonus.

Compared to the Razor-Spam list I've lost fire power but gained more bodies and doesn't damage my wallet too much. More importantly I've got more melta and can fire out the hatch instead of exposing myself like with Razorbacks and in the past that hasn't worked.

·
Registered
220 Posts
your wordage suggests that you can move 12" with your rhinos and shoot with troops and the HK missiles.. incorrect? i checked it out in the rule book, pg 58. moving and shooting and the HK is an 'optional' weapon, which counts as a normal weapon. cant shoot. right?

I only delve this far into it because of my own misunderstanding of the rules. no offense mercer.:eek:k:

RETRACTION!! blood angel vehicles count as fast? (sorry for the spam on both your listings)

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Like this one better than your razorspam... SW and Codex do Razorback shooty better IMO...

I think you could drop the HKs and get more stuff on the boad... I just NEVER have luck with HKs though, so that probably colors my opinions.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i couldn't decipher your reply, is it true that blood angels vehicles are considered fast or was that a typo on your part (mercer) and they are like codex marine vehicles, rules wise?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't like 1 shot things... If you drop the HKM then u could get power weapon/fist in every group. FC is better with no armor save. other than that I like the list :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like this one better than your razorspam... SW and Codex do Razorback shooty better IMO...

I think you could drop the HKs and get more stuff on the boad... I just NEVER have luck with HKs though, so that probably colors my opinions.
Space Wolves do Razor Spam perhaps slightly worse than Angels, the reason is because Angels can mvoe 12" and still fire a single weapon because fast vehicles. Vanilla Marines definately cannot do Razor Spam better because do not get a special weapon in 5 man units.

I've dropped the hunter killers, though tbh I'm doing Razor Spam as I took this list last night and it raped arse. Just needs minor tweaking.

i couldn't decipher your reply, is it true that blood angels vehicles are considered fast or was that a typo on your part (mercer) and they are like codex marine vehicles, rules wise?
Blood Angels vehicles are fast.

I don't like 1 shot things... If you drop the HKM then u could get power weapon/fist in every group. FC is better with no armor save. other than that I like the list :)
Getting power weapons as S5 I5 on the charge rocks. Hunter killers gone, thuogh they did ok TBH.

TBH I'm going RAzor Spam as it kicked ass last night. Mega impressed with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts