Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the next month or so, i plan to start a Blood Angels force as my secondary army, so im here looking for advice as to what kind of army i should get. I dont plan on buying enough to have more than one 1500 list, so I need to get it right the first time.

I've already decided that i want either Mephiston or Dante (or BOTH!) as an HQ choice, but after that im not sure where to go.

Oh, and i'm a big fan of Jump Packs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
First thing I would pick up is the codex and read it front to back and back to front to get a feel for the type of play style you want (obviously jump packs).

At 1500, you will not be able to take those two HQs for sure, it is just too expensive. I would not suggest Dante because his real strength is being able to take Sang Guard as troops, and in 1500 your model count will be a bit low.

Its doable if you want to run Meph, but if you are to use him you will need to screen him because he will be primary target. My personal suggestion is just a regular Librarian with jump pack, but its your list and Meph can still work.

Get 2-3 assault squads, a sang priest, an honor guard and a Vanguard Vet Squad if you can.

In a list with Meph, I would not suggest DOA for everything (and Meph can't DOA) because of that all important screen he will need to get saves from AP2 AP1 heavy weapons.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Dante is a good HQ choice. He is not a combat monster but his special rules are great. Mephiston is more suited to mech lists

I would go for all Jump packers, 2 10 man Assault Squads and some Sanguinary Guard should do the trick. Add in whatever else you like to make up the numbers.

Aramoro

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Alrighty, i think i've got something:

HQ:
Dante
Honour Guard/w Jump Packs, Chapter Banner, and 1 Thunder Hammer

Elites:
2x Chaplains /w Jump Packs, PFs, and Combi-Meltas.

Troops:
Sanguinary Guard
Assault Squad (10)
Assault Squad (10)

Fast Attack:
Vanguard Vet squad (5) /w Jump Packs, 1 Thunder Hammer

Comes out to exactly 1500.

If i put the Chaplains with the Assault squads, every unit has a PF/TH except the Sang Guards.

Seems nice for a hurrdurr jumpy-punchy list. Thoughts?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sang priests are more of the chaplains for the BA, fluff wise the chaplains are really just shepards of the Death Company, thus their abilities are really better for the Death Company, Priests have the advantage for regular infantry.

a jump pack list is hillarious, deep striking in jump packs is what makes Blood Angels hillarious.

I don't see anything anti armor in here, i watched a game last night with IG and 5 tanks at around 1500, you might really want something with the long range punch to deal with nuisances like Demolishers (he wiped out an entire army of Necrons with it X.x) if you can free up pointage, a Land Raider can also be DS'd in the BA list, and by god those things are just rolling thunder.

also your army will be like this http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/43/iftherumoursweretrue.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts