Assault Marines 10 man- Meltagun x2 Power fist - 235
- Rhino - 15
Tactical Squad 10 man- Meltagun Missle Launcher Combi melta - 185
- Rhino - 50

Fast Attack

Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters Storm Bolter Extra Armor - 170

Heavy support

Preadtor - Twin Linked Lascannon Lascannon sponsons extra armor - 195

This Leaves me with close to 100 points that I dont know what to do with. Any help with any part of the list would be nice, Only things im not willing to change are Terminators except for the gear The land raider 10 assault marines and 2 rhinos cause that is the stuff I have all ready bought, everything else can be changed and replaced as the list needs. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
your terminators are set up well. About the land raider though. If you can change it I'd opt for a crusader instead. With an assaulting unit liek that it'd be good to have something short range to help them out. unless you plan on targetting different units with them. the normal land raider is best suited for anti tank bunker holding I feel. also the storm bolter isn't worth the points IMO. it's decent but not worth 10 pts on a tank that already has a multimelta, heavy bolter and 2 lascannons sticking out of it.

Priests are set up strangely. One unit is out of a transport I get that but would the other one be better suited to tag with the terminators in the Crusader so the jump pack would be unnecessary.

Assault squads are set up nicely. very good for anti transport which is all to common these days.
Tactical squad is good enough. I'm guessing you're gonna combat squad them and have one holding the back field while the other runs up and pop tanks?

Baal again good, you haven't opted for templates on it at all so I like you :)(personally hate them) Storm bolter isn't a bad option on it anyway as it's same range as the main cannon.

other pred is very expensive but will basically guarantee a heavy tank kill every turn. Extra armour is a bit uneccessary IMO as you'drarely need to move it and not shoot it.

if you free up another 20pts you could get another assault squad, 5 men no equipment, no jump packs and a heavy bolter razorback. good unit for objectives and general support fire and cheap too. just an option :)

Good list overall though, very similar to one of my own :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
IMO you definitely want a Crusader or Redeemer if only for the Grenades (and the fact that regular raiders dont want to get close, while its cargo does). LC termies really need 'em, especially when furiously charging. Taking either one would also get you more room, allowing you to put a Priest in there (with termie armour or not, not a big deal either way).

After doing this your army would be come pretty close quarters-oriented, so a second Baal instead of the tri-las pred would work best I think.

With the points saved (dropping the storm bolter on the LR, one of the jump packs on the Priest) you can turn that tactical squad into another rhino-bound assault squad.

Would definitely help focus things a little more I think :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HQ
Mephiston

Total 250

Elite
Terminator Assault Squad- 3 Lightning Claws 2 Thunder hammer Storm Sheild - 210
Land Raider Crusader Ded transport- Multi Melta Extra Armor - 275

Sanguinary Priest- Power Weapon - 65

Sanguinary Priest- Jump Pack Power Weapon - 90

Troops

Assault Marines 10 man- Flamer Meltagun Power fist - 230
- Rhino - 15

- Rhino - 50

Fast Attack

Heavy support

Preadtor - Twin Linked Lascannon Lascannon sponsons - 170

Dreadnought - 2x Twin linked auto cannon - 120

Ok so this list comes out to directly to 2000 points. Ive changed the raider and free'd up some points to add an auto cannon dreadnought. How well do you think this list will preform?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Honestly, I'd cash in the Predator and the Rhino on your Tac Squad for another Land Raider. Gives you the same Anti-Armor punch and lets one squad ride around in air-conditioned comfort.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If i did that would I jsut let the other assault squad ride around in that and foot slog the tactical up to mid field and hold that in kill games or use them to hold home base in objective games? Or even give it to tham and make it a las raider and let them cruise in it

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im really confused on what to get now, is the general consensus that dropping the pred and rhino for a raider is a good idea or no?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I have done some thinking and made a 2 Land raider list to see what everyone thinks. It still has clsoe to 100 points left over but that is where id need some help, filling them in.

HQ
Mephiston

Total 250

Elite
Terminator Assault Squad- 3 Lightning Claws 2 Thunder hammer Storm Sheild - 210
Land Raider Crusader Ded transport- Multi Melta Extra Armor - 275

Troops
- Land Raider - Extra Armor - 230

Assault Marines 10 man- Flamer Meltagun Power fist - 230
- Rhino - 15

Fast Attack

Basically I use the Land raider as a sub for the pred and it also shields my guys really well and looks really scary on the field. Any help with this list or simply telling me that a previous list is better would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
one thing I would change thoughis the assault squad in rhino's set up. If you're firing the flamer at a unti then the meltagun isn't being used to full effect and vice versa. That squad would be decent with 2 flamers and no real need for a CC weapon as you can fire both from the top hatch, flame any units you want and stay defended in the transport. that's just my opinion on that unit anyway

About the land raider though I think it'd be better to use it for the tactical squad so you have a heavily armed bunker holding your home objective then. with the lascannons and all that jazz it'd be better to keep it back. Plus having the assault squad with jump packs allow them to intercept any units heading for the crusader easier. With the changes mentioned above I'd say you could still squeeze in a rifleman dread(the one you had in your previous list) and that'd be pretty solid then.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
If I took the power weapons off my priest and the power fist off the rhino troop and added two flamers id still need to free up 35 points to squeeze in the rifle dread. Any ideas? Maybe theextra armor and the storm bolter on the pred and the melta on the land crusader?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
HQ
Librarian - Shield of Sang and Blood lance - Rides in LRC

Total 100

Elite
Terminator Assault Squad- 4 Lightning Claws 2 Thunder hammer Storm Sheild - 210
Land Raider Crusader Ded transport-Extra Armor - 265

Sanguinary Priest- 50

Sanguinary Priest- Jump Pack - 75

Troops

Assault Marines 10 man- Meltagun x2- 210

Tactical Squad 10 man- Plasma gun Missle Launcher - 180
- Land Raider -extra armor- 265

Fast Attack

Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters - 145

Baal Predator - Heavy Bolters - 145

Heavy support

Dreadnought - 2x autocannon - 120

This brings the list to exactly 2000 points. Tell me how you think it would do. thanks for all you guys inputs, seeing im a new player this has been really helpful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts