Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 99.9% finished my Librarian, I am quite proud of it as it is my first seperate character paint (apart rom normal troops)

My camera is quite good so you can see all th 'failings' - FYI I have yet to do the morning after the night before paintng look - I will be going over and touching up areas. As you can see some of the ink has gone over the lines etc

I also still have the base to do but I like to do them after the main paint so I can select the right terrain etc

Let me know what you think

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
For a first character, it came out pretty well. I'd suggest going back over the inked areas with blue, and leave the ink just in the crevasses so you get a matte, uniform look but retain the shading.

Also, in general, thin your paints. You'll find it's a lot easier to work with watered-down paints, and you won't lose detail like you have on the backpack. I probably take it to a bit of an extreme and paint with almost ink-thin paints, but just mixing a little water in with the paint you're using will probably do the trick.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For a first character, it came out pretty well. I'd suggest going back over the inked areas with blue, and leave the ink just in the crevasses so you get a matte, uniform look but retain the shading.

Also, in general, thin your paints. You'll find it's a lot easier to work with watered-down paints, and you won't lose detail like you have on the backpack. I probably take it to a bit of an extreme and paint with almost ink-thin paints, but just mixing a little water in with the paint you're using will probably do the trick.

Thanks, I have now gone over the blue areas and just left the inx in the crevacs like you said. I had a problem with the bacpack anyway but I think i have recitified this now will load up pics once I have done the rest of the touching up today.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts