Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Straight from James Swallow, from a Q & A on the Bolthole:
The games day chapbook contains a blood angels HH story : can you say anything about that ? Will sanguinius be in it ? Or Raldoron ? Who will be the main character ?
The title of the chapbook is Bloodline. It's a Blood Angels story that connects to the events at the end of Black Tide and events during the Horus Heresy. Rafen is one of the main characters. That's all I'm going to say for now.

It seems your new HH book is called Fear to thread and will be a blood angels novel. I assume this one is about Signus Prime ?
Rumour control: I'm planning that my next Horus Heresy novel (which I won't be writing for a fair while yet) will cover the battle for Signus. The working title is Fear To Tread (as in the phrase "Where angels fear to tread").
So, for my fellows Blood Angels fans...:eek:k:

·
Registered
745 Posts
about time too. i think that the blood angels play such a pivotal role in the heresy that they need to give us some material on them as soon as.
and i hope we get alot of the great angel and not fobbed off with one of his lackeys leading the story as to me the whole signus affair is about trying to create some sort of heretical stunt on sanguinius, either to try and turn him or seal the fate of the angels for the far future.
i read something not long ago, maybe black tide when a traitor marine stated to a angel 'they not made of the same stuff the crusade angels were made of' i.e. inferior as in prowess and it always makes me think what the hell were the original blood angels like if a traitor isnt impressed by the angels of 40k. they must have been warmachines but i suppose being lead by a primarch of sanguinius's statue then i can see what he was getting at.
looking forward to this even if it doesnt come until 2012 when i think it will arrive.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
We've known for ages now that a Swallow Signus novel has been planned, but nice to have it officially confirmed now, thanks Boc. :)

Not sure about the working title though...

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I despise the Blood Angels, but I am sure this will be good. One plus side is the fact Ka'Bandha must make an appearance. Oh, and the Blood Angels getting slaughtered will be nice :grin:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Swallow is rising very quickly up the ranks of my favourite authors. FotE is one of my favourite HH novels, and while I'm not a huge fan of the first two BA novels, I really enjoyed Black Tide. I have about 50 pages left of Nemesis, which I'm also really enjoying. It will be very interesting to see how he ties Rafen to the HH. Really looking forward to this.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Fear to Tread.. that is awesome. Signus, where angels fear to tread. Looking forward to seeing the Lord of Angels and his Angelic Host in action.

·
Registered
929 Posts
lol, something we've always known would happen with the HH has been confirmed. Swallow was always going to write the Signus Prime novels as the BA are like his babies. I usually would have shuddered at Swallow writing this but after his last effort with Nemesis, a little of my faith in Swallow has returned. Lets hope he doesnt duff it like he did with the Dues books.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Be interesting to see how they portray the fight between Sanguinius and Ka'Bhanda. Up until now his prowess in melee combat has been hyped up quite a bit, supposedly being one of the only two Primarchs (along with Horus0 of being able to best Angron in combat.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Is the same guy afterall who later goes on to drop kick Ka'Bhanda through the eternity gate, and depending on which fluff you read hold his own against the greatly empowered Horus for a while.

But then Sanguinius is the fluffs poster boy when it comes to Primarchs, no ones ever got anything but praise for him, thinking he should have been the warmaster etc, head statue in Horus vision. Although to be fair they do kill him of course, brutally....

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Is the same guy afterall who later goes on to drop kick Ka'Bhanda through the eternity gate, and depending on which fluff you read hold his own against the greatly empowered Horus for a while.
I'd just like to point out that according to Collected Visions, Ka'Bandha had won that bout as well. Being the ol' foolish prick though, he decided to start chanting and shit. So, Sanguinius uses the last of his energy to get back up and grips him, and well, you know the rest :victory:

On a side note: I will be getting this novel for hopes of Ka'Bandha, I ain't all too bothered about the Blood Angels in all honesty..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts