Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm trying to make a new Blood Angels list for 7th Ed. Let me know what you think

HQ

Librarian, Epistolary

Terminator Armor, Storm Shield

Troops

5 RAS MG, MB

Razorback

TLLC

5 RAS MG, MB

Razorback

TLLC

10 RAS, 2 MG PW

Razorback

TLAC

Heavy Support

Storm Raven

TLLC TLMM

Storm Raven

TLAC TLHB

Hurricane Bolters

Vindicator

Dozer Blade

Elites

Assault Terminators

3 hammers 2 claws

Furioso Dreadnought

Furioso Dreadnought

Fast Attack

Baal Predator

Flamestorm 2x Heavy Flamers

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Troops

5 RAS MM, MB

Razorback
I assume you mean MG, as RAS can't take Multi Meltas. Also that 10 man squad you have listed in a Rhino seems a bit odd...can't say I have ever wanted to play a RAS without any special weapons.

With the title of your thread here being Death From the Skies....why aren't you using any jump troops? Your RAS swap out their jump packs for razorbacks, they unfortunately don't get to take both. Now that we can put our whole army in Reserve if we so choose (provided you have something down T1: see also, drop pods) there's a lot of fun options. Not to mention servo skulls from allied Inquisitors make BA jump troops not scatter. Layers of fun.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, they're carrying melta guns (all the squads), my mistake, it'll be corrected.

and the 10 man squad actually are going to be in the close range Storm Raven.

the only reason i dont want to do a full reserve list is because a LOT of our table players rush turn one when they see a chance to table you. i have to have some stuff on the ground. It's also working from my 5th edition and 6th edition lists to work in 7th edition. as i'm not buying all brand new models to facilitate my army. i'll have to by 2-3 new models this way. as i have zero drop pods.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Gotcha. Couple more questions before I get on the list critique (I figure instead of taking the time posting a big list change post that has potentially proxied results I'd ask first):

How do you have your Furiosos armed?

Are you attached to having all flamers on your Baal?

Would you be interested in trying out a flamer assault squad coming out of the 'Raven instead of the MG one?

·
Registered
383 Posts
That looks like a solid 5th ed list.

I'd try for more flexibility if you're reworking it for 7th. You have a very low model count with a ton of anti-armor (which was fine for 5th but not so much now). I'd recommend trying to work in some more troops, as well as plasma weapons to deal with 2-3+ saves. You should be able to make some improvements without having to buy a whole bunch of new models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts