Fast Attack 2: Baal Predetor : 160
- Heavy Bolters
- Extra Armour

HEAVY SUPPORT

Heavy Support 1: Dreadnaught: 120
- Multi Melta
- Extra Armour

Army Total: 1498

Idea is Attack bikes take off up field to deal with Armour, Dreadnaught pretty much the same. Baal will draw fire but will attempt to get up field and start thining out the troops. Everything else Deep strikes. Both HQ's drop first so the other squads can use Decent of Angels to keep close. Meltas in all units to deal with tanks.
Main Armies I fight against are Tau, Marine, Chaos. Tyranids every now and then.
Anyway Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All the non JP troops in this list are honestly unnecessary. The real reason is that they will stick out if you decide to DS and the JP troops can just be upgraded to do the other units jobs but better. In other words...

Librarian - 140
Jump Pack; The Blood Lance; Sword (one of these can be shield); Infernus Pistol

Sanguinary Priest - 300
3x; Jump Packs; 3x Infernus Pistol; 3x MB; 1x LC

Chaplain - 145
Jump Pack; Infernus Pistol; MB

Chaplain - 145
Jump Pack; Infernus Pistol; MB

Assault Squad - 255
10x; 2x Meltaguns; Power Fist; MB; Infernus Pistol

Assault Squad - 255

Assault Squad - 255

Every squad can act independently and has FNP. The libby can be swapped out with a rec but I think he can work nicely as is. combat squad to have 6 units dropping down on an opponent if you wish or drop down in big clumps of FNP fun. Add in Shield if you wish and you got some major "we're not going to die" going on. (In case its not obvious at this point every unit gets a priest and either a chappy or libby).

So you got 3 Infernus Pistol and 2 meltaguns per squad and in CC a powerfist and 2 MB or 3x MB for armor. Two of the squads get rerolls to hit in CC and the other gets a ST10 monstrocity or you could even take Might of Heroes for +1-3 attacks per man in the unit (man that could get nasty!) or even unleashed rage for PE. I think you get the picture :biggrin:.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Is this a WE themed list Wynter? Plasma, 8 man units... just looks like it :victory:

I'm not sure you need 3 Priests, a Librarian & 2 Chaplains EzeKK. Those 3 units clock in at around 500 points each and they are still just MEQs. I do agree that the RAS need to be 10 man though;

Reason 1: 10 man units get the 2 melta guns you really need them in there. I'm not a fan of plasma pistols but hey ho, are they already on the models?

Reason 2: 10 man units can combat squad, gives you way more flexibility & options in non KP missions. If a 10 man RAS Deep Strikes in and kills a transport with its meltaguns it will just get shot up or counter charged, why commit all 10 when you can split into 5 & DS in? Plus you need to get the charge otherwise you're no better than Assault Marines with FNP.

3 Priests is overkill, 2 will do, just keep 1 unit within 6'' & keep them naked - they're expensive anyway for a 1 wound model.

Not liking the lone Dread, get him a Pod. Personally, I'd scrape the points for another one and give them 2 x TL-Autocannons.

You might find you'll struggle against Nids; Terminators or DC/Furioso dreads help since anything throwing lash whips/bone swords will likely eat you for breakfast :hang1:

Dallas

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Chaos is my main army and Berserkers are the core of that ;)
What Im doing is Ive stripped my BA army down ready for a repaint, with that A whole new look jump packs etc. So I am not limited to whats on the models cause well there all Unequipt.
Thanks again guys for the suggestions :victory:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts