Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,314 Posts
Personally I would drop one of the DC squads to buff the Tacticals up to 10 man (with Lascannon/SW of your choice) and change the Command squad over to a Sternguard squad with combi-meltas.

I'm not a fan of the two RAS in Rhinos, but hey. You'll either see why I don't like them in your first game or they'll work for you.

· Registered
6,314 Posts
I like that list a lot. I'm not sold on the Grav weaponry on Sternguard since they have the poisoned shot with their Bolters, but you have enough Melta in the RAS that I think you might have it covered. I would drop the Power Swords in the DC for an extra Combi-Grav in the Sternguard, as well as a Lightning Claw and Melta Bombs for the Priest if I were to run it, just a personal preference I guess. This is assuming the Priest has a Jump Pack, since you haven't included it in your list. Otherwise drop the Swords in the DC for a Claw and Pack for him.

I don't have time to run the points here, but if you wanted to include Sanguinary Guard what if you ran something like this where you dropped the Dreadnought (who would have been First Blood bait if you didn't go first anyway) and ran two HQs and a LOW?

Dante

Libby - ML2 (Wings of Sanguinius would be great for Sternguard to have!)

Priest - JP, LC/PS (whatever you have)

10x DC (packs, PF)
5x Sanguinary Guard (PF)
Podded Furioso (Frag + Heavy Flamer)
Podded 9x Sternguard (3x Combi-Grav)

5x Tac. (Lascannon)
5x Tac. (Lascannon)

Podded 5x RAS (2x Melta, combi-melta)

SR (AC/MM)

· Registered
6,314 Posts
Awesome to hear you won brother :drinks:

Personally the only thing I would change is Corbs running the Sternguard. If FnP is all you're after, toss in a normal Priest. Does your squad that relies on firing Rapid Fire weapons really need the extra Initiative? I agree that hitting on 3's means you don't really need Prescience as well, but you can take a ML1 Libby and a Priest for 5 points more Corbulo so you still get the WS/FnP bonus but also get Prescience.

Dual Hand Flamers in RAS makes me happy. I just wish Gunslinger affected Overwatch as well, it would be SO nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.