Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this is my 3000 point blood angel list for an apoc game if anyone could give me some ideas for tweaks it would be much appreciated.

Hq - mephiston
-250 points

Hq - librarian
- jump pack
- blood lance
- shield of sanguine
- 125 points

elites - furioso drednoughts x 3
- blood talons x2
- heavy flamer x1
- 385 points

Elites - terminator squad
- heavy flamer
- 205 points

elites - terminator squad
- assault cannon
- 230 points

Troops - death company
- 30 death company
- 30 jump packs

ded transport - drop pods x3
- deathwind missile launcher
- 165 points

lord of war - broadsword fellblade
- Vulcan mega bolter
- twin linked assault cannon
- twin linked heavy bolters
- twin linked autocannons
- 585 points

total points - 2995 (if my mathhammer is right)

so hopefully this list is ok.

ps. The drop pods are for the dreadnoughts.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Troops - death company
- 30 death company
- 30 jump packs
:shok:

....and you don't even have Lemartez or a Chaplain with them.

Most I can say is I wouldn't spend over a third of my points on one unit. Also, is this list legal? I know at 2k+ you get multiple FOC access, but don't you still need to accommodate the HQ and Troops requirements within both detachments?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
That's why I asked :wink:

I would replace the libby with a Chaplain w/JP. I know you already have 30 DC, but the Chaplain will make them even more effective than they currently are. Plus once that squad gets whittled down (and it will) you will need the extra re-rolls since you have no power weapons in the group.

Going further than that, why not a DC army? Just drop Mephy and the Libby and take Astorath and Lemartez. Split the 30 man DC blob in half, make all the dreadnoughts DC ones...fun times?

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
How are your terminators getting around? Deep strike? Or not? If so, I would give a pod or two locator beacons (or whatever those things are called).

You have a Frag. Cannon on the HF guy right? 3 flamers is better than 1.

Listen to NTAW.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I don't know the stats of the Mega Bolter, but I just noticed a startling lack of anti armour outside of PFs in CC (in 5 man units). At 3k I put a LOT of models on the table, and for how huge that blob of DC is it can only kill one unit per turn. That's 4 units in 5 turns for 1050 points. There's a lot that can neutralize that blob, more at 3k.

What armies are you facing and what is your plan against fliers or AV14?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Ps. This is off-topic is that a bass or an electric guitar in your profile pic.
Electric guitar. That's Grits, a '07 Gibson faded SG w/ 3 humbuckers. Came with a 5-way chicken knob selector, I've since modded it to have a 5 way blade selector a la the Stratocaster, with a toggle switch to turn on either the neck or bridge pickup depending on what position I'm currently using. Added locking tuners last year and this year it's gunna be a roller bridge and a bigsby vibrato installed.

I fuckin' love that guitar.

I also play bass, but only really as a by product of being in bands as well as teaching guitar/bass. I wouldn't consider myself much of a 'bass player' though I am decently competent with the instrument.

It's crazy to think that my profile pic is from my first show with NTaW...which was 5 years ago. Wild.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I bet it sounds punchy man, those basses are usually tough as balls.

This is my band. We're into some heavier stuff, I suppose. Three piece, I play guitar and do vocals. I'm also in some acoustic acts, but none so well recorded as the Savant EP on that bandcamp. The older album is packed with fun jams, but not quite as well done in production.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
So I guess you're Luke then. Weird that I didn't know your actual name before... I think I've seen this stuff before but I never checked.

Love this stuff though, the discord is fantastic.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Thanks guys, we've been at it a while (like 4 bass players 'a while' because I apparently play too weird). It's pretty wild to know people well outside of our very local area think it's a cool sound.

Weird that I didn't know your actual name before...
Strange, eh? The internet. I've become completely comfortable knowing everyone on here by their usernames...were I to meet you, I might actually call you Jamob more often than your real name.

I feel like we've side tracked this thread a bit from Broadsword Fellblades and Death Company armies for passers-by though :laugh:

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh shit we did get sidetracked.

So here is my second attempt at making a decent BA list. I'm getting rid of the death company as I'm sinking way too many points into a unit that cannot score. So here it is

Hq - dante

Hq - librarian
- terminator armour
- combi melta
- force weapon
- 135 points

Elites - 3x furioso dreadnoughts
- all three have blood talons
- all three replace built in storm bolter with heavy flamers
- 405 points

Elites - furioso Libby (sorry couldn't help myself)
- 175 points

Elites - 7 terminators (assault)
- 3 thunder hammers
- 4 lightning claws
- 275 points

Troops - sang guard squads x4
- 800 points (seems like a lot but my mate has had much success with this arrangement)

Transport - land raider crusader (for Libby and terminators)
- multi melta
- 260 points

Trasport - 4x drop pods
- death wind launchers x3
- 200 points

Now for the centre piece <drum role please>

Legion fellblade - accelerator cannon
- demolisher cannon
- quad lascannons sponsons
- twin linked heavy bolter
- 525 points

So the drop pods are for the dreads and I can hopefully land them behind some unfortunate soul and maybe do some damage.

Fellblade is gonna sit around blasting things with pie plate templates, hopefully.

The golden guard are going to skirt around the board taking out infantry.

So here we have it, more infantry, something that can give something with av14 a bad time and one hell of an investment.

Taaa daaa. 3000 points on da button

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
were I to meet you, I might actually call you Jamob more often than your real name.
Actually it's my username because people call me it, so I'd be just fine with that :laugh:

Oh shit we did get sidetracked.
Oh well, as long as your ok with it nacho libre :victory:

Now this is different! Like... Completely...

Dreads - I would switch (at least) one of them to a fragioso, the only difference is no melta and no +1 attack and no s10, in return you get two more templates at s6. You could still send in the two melta dreads if you wanted, but this gives you the option. I also think you can just run the libby-dread without a pod; give it wings and watch it fly! This also saves you 50 points for other stuff, which as I will explain you need. Also maybe switch one of the deathwing things with a locator beacon, just an idea.

The sanguinary guard is where you need the points. A banner in at least one squad (+1 attack for the whole unit is insane! Throw dante and a priest in there and watch it kill everything) is a must, and maybe an infernus pistol or two if you can (you don't have quite enough melta for this point value).

Terminators - you could probably drop a few of these and by fine, right? Because a priest would greatly help your sanguinary guard. I always take one (in 1k+ games), and in 2k and above I often take 2-3. On this note, I think it might be best to drop one of the dreads: you can only drop 2 turn one anyway, and you can always run the libby-dread sans pod if you want (just send it down naked)... You really need a priest with these squishy golden guys (squishy because no invuln + low numbers...)

Fellblade is probably fine, I don't really know anything about super-heavies but I hear they're good.

Keep in mind that this is a very expensive, elite army - I have more models than this at 1500! Still, quality > quantity if you use them right. There's a few helpful Sanguinary guard tacticas you might want to check out... Also keep in mind the D blasts kill everything no matter how good, so maybe numbers is better...

Now. Here's the big question. Fliers? How effective can that big guy really be?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts