Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to get many games of 7th in, but this is a 2k list that I have been rolling around in my head and trying to get to work. The new edition is a lot of fun for army composition, as I can take almost everything I ever wanted and still play Battle Forged by having multiple Combined Arms and Allied detachments....and then there's the lack of limit to reserves! It called for a heavy-on-the-reserves list from me just 'cuz I can now, but I always like a little back story to my armies. I was trying to think of how I could work out an almost 100% reserve list that wouldn't totally suck or get tabled (and I only have 3 Drop Pods) and I came up with the idea of the Blood Angels coming to the aid of an Inquisitor stationed at a world where the taint of Chaos had reared its ugly head. Before I get to talking about the list, here it is:

Librarian - ML2, JP

Fragioso - FC, HF in Drop Pod

Fragioso - FC, HF in Drop Pod

Priest - PS, JP

10 man Assault squad - 2x MG, PF in Drop Pod

10 man Assault squad - 2x F, 2x HF

5 man Scout squad - Snipers, Cloaks

10 man Tactical squad - ML, F

10 man Tactical squad - ML, F

Stormraven - TLLC, TLMM

Stormraven - TLLC, TLMM

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - 3x Servo Skulls, ML1

ADL - Comms Relay

The idea here is that the Scouts have infiltrated to recon the area, rendezvous with the Inquisitor, and set up a defensible position to co-ordinate the assault from. They will be set up well back field, and on top of an objective if I can. Two DPs come in T1, I have been having a lot of luck with the dual Fragiosos and a Melta squad available to choose from: I either go after anything not in a transport or take a transport and the heaviest armour for First Blood. It's not a lot on the table by the end of T1, but if I go second the only thing my opponent can do really is move forward to get rid of my Servo Skulls (potentially forcing him out of cover/formation to stop my DSers). With everything else coming in on 2+ and the Flamer Assault squad with the Priest and Librarian re-rolling their reserve roll I'm confident most things will be in before it's too late. The Tactical squads are a little weak in a BA list, I know...but them being in is the most appropriate way I could fill the Stormravens with bodies. I'm very open to suggestions on filling those birds up, but unfortunately I don't have enough models converted/assembled for the second 10 man Assault squad I want just yet. Also keep in mind whatever replaces them either has to come in from Reserve or fit in a Stormraven. I've considered using my pair of Baals (snicker) and running them in from reserve, but it doesn't seem to fit to me that they would be so rapidly deployed to the battlefield. I have the image of them falling down to the battlefield on parachutes and it makes me laugh too much to take seriously, despite how much I love those tanks. Something that I would love some clarification on (because I don't have the BRB with me at the moment and repeatedly forget to look this up when I do) is how it works with Battle Brothers in each other's transports these days. I could definitely ally in a pair of Imperial Fist Tactical squads and a [insert HQ choice here] to fill the 'ravens if it's allowed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :drinks:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts