·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HQ

-Mephiston = 250 points.

Elite

-Furioso into drop pod = 160 points.

-2 Sanguinary Priests jump packs= 150 points.

Troops

-10 assault marines with PF and 2 meltas = 235 points.

-10 assault marines with PW and 2 meltas= 225 points.

-8 assault marines with TH and 1 melta= 194 points.

-8 assault marines with TH and 1 melta= 194 points.

-5 assault marines with flamer into razorback with twin linked heavy flamer= 125 points.

-5 assault marines with flamer into razorback with twin linked heavy flamer= 125 points.

Heavy Support

-5 devastators with 4 ML= 130 points.

-1 Dreadnougth with melta cannon = 105 points.

-1 Dreadnougth with melta cannon = 105 points.

TOTAL = 1998 points.

Ok so what you think of this one? it could be probably made best someway so tell me ideas ive spent enough time thinking by now :) thx all.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I like it, my only suggestion, drop the razorbacks and give the normal dreads drop pods, gives em a better chance to get close enough to make the multi melta more effective! Also , any points left over - take locator beacons on the pods! i know BA only scatter 1D6, by why even scatter that much when you can choose not to at all? :p

·
Registered
122 Posts
i would drop the TH's and make them power fists and use the points to get 2 extra bodies for the dev's, pretty expensive model if you you fail 2 saves in 1 shooting phase!

my 2 pence, and happy hunting!

·
Registered
90 Posts
HQ

TOTAL = 1998 points.

Ok so what you think of this one? it could be probably made best someway so tell me ideas ive spent enough time thinking by now :) thx all.
I had Flamer Baal Preds and Flamer Razorbacks too, but I traded all my flamers for assault cannons. Vehicles with flamers get assaulted, and with armor 10, I rarely have a Rhino Chasis survive more than a turn.

Although with fast, you can move 12" and still flame something, and they would need 6's to hit you, so it might be more viable (just making the switch from Ultra to Blood myself)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your answers, nice points but still:

-effigy32 , maybe i would like to have pods for those dredis but costing 105 points a model and getting some more range than furiosos maybe not worth at all , even they dont move like rest of army but im short of points too , those are supposed to defence support to the army. The other option would be a librarian furioso dredi(maybe with pod).I need the razorbacks because they are under the 35 points nice disscount and for getting some more cover to my assault squads and to protect the 5 man unit that are going for objetives.

-sanguinius noob , the thunder hammers i didnt use them aswell but i noticed i needed some power thing to combat tyranids or even some ICs so thunder hammers can be the diference you hit 1 time or 2 times, and that can make significant diference. Devastators, well its 25 points a model not that much, and they are far away from battle they have to reach em( not that hard but not that easy also). Rest of army will be assaulting so i think they will be thinking on other units mostly, if not i think i can loose em is ok its 130 points for a nice unit( i would like to have more but no points).Ill try to get em into ruins or something anyways.

-Himkano yes thats the point the heavy flamers on BA is not worth any points like rest like vainilla marines or wolves that they have to pay, and BA moving that fast they have the better chances to use it and is twin linked and heavy. We BA have the possibility of getting the 35 points disscount from assault squads in TROOPS! thats really nice from my point of view. Respect paying 35 more points to buy a weapon i dont think is worth it as Razorback is not good AV and your making it not cheap anymore. Plus you need it moving so youll not fire at all till you get mostly in combat( at least my razors are gona move because need to offer some cover to assault units).If someone assault my razors is ok, i even dont need them to hit on 6s, im ok if they assault it and not other thing from my army( they are costing 20 points with disscount), plus there are small squads with flamers inside them to prevent or help at it.

The thing is go with some AV ( i think less than 5 AV without drop pods is not enough at least 5 of them to make it worth something) to help mephi getting into combat with not many wounds on him, give some cover to rest of army and combat( dreads great for it).

So i still not convinced on the last 2 normal dreads but i think there is no much better option, the other would be a librarian one but maybe then im low on AVs. That was the last part when doing my army thats why i was not point left there. My idea was to get 1 furioso y drop pod a librarian and a normal one or two, but points dont get with it.

Thanks you all for the comments :victory:

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I quite like the list. personally I dislike templates coming from tanks but I forgot about the fast rule so you might have me changed hehehe. one option for your dreads though, if you can somehow find an extra 20pts change them to 2 baal preds with nothing but assault cannons on them. a lot of extra firepower and fast moving too so they'd work with your other units well. maybe if you drop each TH squad to 7 men and give one of them another melta to make up the points?? just an option anyway

·
Registered
648 Posts
Seems a bit of a mess, imho. You've got some jump packs, some vehicles, and some Pods, but not enough of either really.

Mephiston works best in a mech list, oddly enough. He lacks DoA so he won't fit in a jumper army, and mech lists can hide him effectively and use him as a mean assault deterrent or damage soaker.

If you go jump packs, go whole hog and make the most of DoA. Vanguard are your friends.

If you go mech, AC/LC Preds are essential for cracking armor at range, then you can either go nuts on the burnybacks (bring melta and infernus so your unit has flexibility) or go Rhino rush. Meltas and SHP are essential here. Flying Dreads and Scouting Preds in support are also handy.

I don't see much point in Podding with BA. 1 unit drops in, gets melta'd and you're down 2 KPs. If you want to DS, DoA works a lot better. If you want Dreads, either make the Librarians or take Stormravens.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I disagree with that. blood angels are able to have a decent mix of both mech and jump infantry in a very effective army. if the razorbacks provide cover for the assault squads the major part of his force is gonna get through pretty much unscathed. podding dreads is a bitch for KP but one thing I've noticed by a lot of players, even experienced ones, is that a pod in their lines is the least of their troubles if a couple of assault squads are running you down

·
Registered
648 Posts
Blood Angel hybrids can work, but you need a specific build to make the most of it. When your opponent is making his target priority and he has to choose between AV13 and FNP marines, life is hard. If he must pick between stompy walker in my face (melta range), AV11 transports (autocannons) and FNP marines (missile launchers), life is easy. Don't make his life easy.

If you go for a hybrid, make sure you don't dilute the effectiveness of your components. Fields Preds over Razors, fly your Dreads, and bring everything to bear at once as opposed to one bit at a time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
yea i agree..plus mephiston wont be so effective as previously stated..in this list hes got nothing to hide behind..he needs a raider or vindi to shield him, no invul makes him a prime target for heavy weapons..drop meph for a jump pack libby with shield and blood lance for 125 points..shield to bubble your fnp marines and lance to possably take out a column of armor..drop the dreds..all of them for armor, devis too..hell you could get 2 speeders w mm/hf, 2 baals, and 2 preds ac/lc that would prolly make things better...baal predators w asscans are rediculous-you got an 18in scout move plus 12in and shoot, and if it loses its gun you got a fast av13 ramming missile..also if youre using razorbacks make them asscan backs to coincide w baals, get an asscan crossfire going..nasty.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This doesnt let me give a proper answer there must be a problem with text or something. Ill have to multi post guys this is giving me the 404 error when i get long texts into, sorry guys.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the new comments guys thinking on them still, however by the moment im disagree with most of all, here is my opinion:

First of all say that 1st turn smoke launchers 2nd turn razors have moved like 3 turns of any other rhino or razor.

-Chumbalaya:

Mephiston works well with mech list ok is fair with that, but this list have some AVs that pop smoke first turn ( and anyways hell try to get behind assault squads after tanks gone inv 4+), so i think he is fine there is natural cover also -_- , if he gets some wound is ok also( not fired to other units and still can be same effective, force weapon S10 etc). He still is hard to kill with ML that are the most used by intelligent armys over the Lasscannon, and he saves with 2+ on them.

Yes i have only 1 drop pod with the furioso to let it drop first turn and i think thats better than DoA. The melta range yes i coincide thats why i dont get more dredis with pods there( if you see my last list i have another one droping first turn) but hey nothing is perfect at all then the game would be no point if no risk, droping it there behind i think can be very effective, plus i can use the melta range to kill a tank the 1st turn, anyways ill try to get him as far as i can from that melta dangerous range. However they can drop units with melta that can kill your tank even if its in your house LOL.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes AV13 are nice, the thing is i dont like the AV13 tanks on BA, only the Dredis. For the Pred well i dont think its shothing enough at all i see him more like a dangerous thing from back to scare and to protect razors etc absorbing fire. Baal predator is not bad but 145 points for the 3 weapons is too much(115 points for only assault cannon is even worst for me) for me like the vindicator( even being fast) and i think that could be done in cc, for this tanks i prefer to get a bunch of razorbacks with assault squads costing 20 points and moving fast pop smoke first turn firing a twin linked heavy flamer and transporting units ( this all being on troops option, the flamer free vs vanilla ones and the only ones that can do it with razorbacks, the vanilla ones only can get rhinos or pods with assaults). Side armour of preds and vindis is also 11 that sucks too especially for flanking baals or fast vindis.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ravager37, librarians ok are not that bad but they cant be compared with mephi from my point of view, and the powers arent that good. To get 2 vehicles with lance your enemy has to be totally noob, if there is not many times this thing done, less if he see you coming with the librarian. The 5+ cober save well its not bad but just not enough for me ( probably i would select other powers but not much about with this thing) he can be selected in combat and he has I4 i dont like them.

To drop dreads in favour of preds or other AV13 tanks is against BA rules for me. Dreads are supposed to be more effective especially into a BA army. If you tell me drop the normal AV12 dreads for tanks still could be ok but the AV13 i would never see the point. Ive always seen the dreads the best AV option in BA, rest are getting expensive due to fast rule( worthless in most of cases) and furiosos have good options no one have.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Speeders could be an option, but so weak and assault squads with meltas droping with DoA i see them more useful.

Assault cannon is still worst than anything on razorback. I could see a point in lass-plas razors but still see them making expensive a tank that must be cheap and its AV11. Thats not all, if you use your Razorback to move troops inside specially being fast you are not shoting the first turns and when you get to shoot its better to do it with the twin linked heavy flamer. Yes you can be melta or PF range and? probably you had moved enough to them to impact with 6s and even if they assault and kill, wtf thanks its a cheap tank no problem!

I prefer devastators(vanillas 150 points, BA 130 points) over Preds(vanillas 125 points BA 135 points i know is because fast but i dont think it needs that much so is kinda waste) on BA now, yes devs are weaker than preds in most cases(except units droping back from my point of view what a casual thing) but they are for horde also, im so tempted to use more of them but well i have to remember im a BA ^^ still i dont discard the option.far away from most things. The thing is they are better than the pred at firing from my point of view, they are 4 shots that 1 is impact with 2+ and they all anulates trygons saves and to frontal AV is no much difference from the lass of preds = do nothing most of time, plus they can use them against horde. And if they get a nice ruins cover better.

Again thanks for your comments.

And sorry guys for the multi posting no solution i could find.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts