Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the list I thought of after 'Ard Boy's.

Librarian, Epistolary, Terminator, Unleash Rage, Sanguine Sword 175

Furioso Librarian Dreadnought, Blood Talon, Unleash Rage, Sanguine Sword, Drop Pod, Locator Beacon 225

Terminator Assault Squad, Land Raider Redeemer, Extra Armor, Storm Bolter, Multi-Melta 475

Sanguinary Priest, Power Sword (x3) 195

Assault Squad 5 man, Storm Shield, RazorBack, Las-Plas, Extra Armor 190

Scout Squad, Camo Cloaks, Power Fist, Locator Beacon 140

Baal Predator, FlameStorm Cannon, Heavy Flamers, Extra Armor 155

Devastator Squad, Plasma Cannon(4) 150

Vindicator, Siege Shield, Extra Armor 145

So Librarian in with the lightning claw termis, priests in with the assault squads, baal preds outflanking, and dread coming down turn one, hopefully using the scout locator beacon, which they infiltrate, land raider coming down with deep strike using a beacon. Unleash rage and lightning claw/blood talon = reroll hits and wounds, assault squads chill in the razorbacks while they take shots at vehicles and infantry that comes close enough, but mostly just take objectives, heavy support blows stuff up... Oh and about 'ard boys... friends you cant win if you roll nothing but one's all day long... that gets you last place :victory:

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is similar too the list i used and i took first. The libby works AMAZINGLY... Unless you play eldar >.> but i managed too pull out a win by focus firing eldrad down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only issue i see with the list myself is the pod coming down turn 1 automatically and not being allowed to assault that same turn... but i dont wanna sacrifice either power for shield cause that takes away the assault scare from him

·
Registered
648 Posts
DSing Land Raider? Hells to the no! 5 Scouts are too few, solo DP is easy to handle when it drops by itself.

Extra Armor is way too expensive, you're wasting 105 points on it!

If you go mech, bring Mephiston. He can hide behind your tanks and punch somebody out when you get close enough.

AC/LC Preds > Vindicators since BA have a hard time finding long ranged firepower.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You may want to re-think that Librarian Furioso a bit. Mostly because you can't take the Blood Talon as you don't have a pair of Blood Fists to trade in since one of them is replaced by the Force Weapon. And anyway, the Talons only work their magic in pairs. So Sanguine Sword is pointless.

But that does open up a slot for Wings of Sanguinius. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may want to re-think that Librarian Furioso a bit. Mostly because you can't take the Blood Talon as you don't have a pair of Blood Fists to trade in since one of them is replaced by the Force Weapon. And anyway, the Talons only work their magic in pairs. So Sanguine Sword is pointless.

But that does open up a slot for Wings of Sanguinius. :biggrin:
Thanks for pointing that out! Missed that one right there... in that case just drop pod him in behind cover and make him fly to the enemy next turn!!! woot!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ok your first problem is the furioso librarian as you only have one pod, the dreadnought will walk out the pod has no ranged weaponry and will stand there. Not good for a c.c dread. Also I do not think you can take blood talons as it says at the bottom drop all wargear and make a furioso librarian.

I wouldn't deep strike the land raider; it's foot print is too big. Also I do not think the terminators can assault out of it because it deep striked; though that counts as crusing speed and it does have a assault ramp...??

Razorbacks can come in handy though I wouldn't trade jump packs in for them - just take normal tactical marines. I wouldn't put power weapons on the priests as I'd keep them out of combat best I can because they're I.Cs so can be picked on and slaughtered which means easy kill point but more importantly no feel no pain for you!

I'd probably drop the vindicators and take more dreadnoughts in drop pods to support the furioso, would work better. You want a odd number btw ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is the list I thought of after 'Ard Boy's.

Librarian, Epistolary, Terminator, Unleash Rage, Sanguine Sword 175

Furioso Librarian Dreadnought, Blood Talon, Unleash Rage, Sanguine Sword, Drop Pod, Locator Beacon 225

Terminator Assault Squad, Land Raider Redeemer, Extra Armor, Storm Bolter, Multi-Melta 475

Sanguinary Priest, Power Sword (x3) 195

Scout Squad, Camo Cloaks, Power Fist, Locator Beacon 140

Devastator Squad, Plasma Cannon(4) 150

So Librarian in with the lightning claw termis, priests in with the assault squads, baal preds outflanking, and dread coming down turn one, hopefully using the scout locator beacon, which they infiltrate, land raider coming down with deep strike using a beacon. Unleash rage and lightning claw/blood talon = reroll hits and wounds, assault squads chill in the razorbacks while they take shots at vehicles and infantry that comes close enough, but mostly just take objectives, heavy support blows stuff up... Oh and about 'ard boys... friends you cant win if you roll nothing but one's all day long... that gets you last place :victory:
any reason why your assault squads have storm shields? Give them powerweapons man. With a priest they charge at S5 I5 ignores saves with 4 attacks. Also, I would drop extra armor on everything. I never find it useful especially for its points.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Okay so I changed up the list a little bit... Dropped the scout squad since I'm not DSing the Dread anymore... just having him fly and smoke... Dropped the armor on everything EXCEPT the Land Raider as I dont want people being able to keep it immobile with lucky shots. Assault squad has power weapons now... Replacing the scouts are Vanguard Vet's for more punch where its needed... Oh and this list should be at 2500 unlike my bad math last time.

Librarian, Epistolary, Unleash Rage, Sanguine Sword, Terminator 175

Furioso Librarian Dreadnought Wings of Sanguinius, Unleash Rage 175

Terminator Assault Squad, Land Raider Redeemer, Multi-Melta, Extra Armor 465

Sanguinary Priest, Power Sword 65 (x3) 195

Assault Squad 5 Man, Power Weapon, Razorback, Las-Plas 150 (x3) 510

Baal Predator, Flamestorm, Heavy Flamers 140 (x2) 280

Vanguard Veteran Squad, Jump Packs, Power Weapons (4) 240

Devastator Squad, Plasma Cannon (4) 150

Vindicator, Siege Shield 155 (x2) 310

·
Registered
648 Posts
Still light on scoring units, 15 men isn't nearly enough.

Single LR and Vindicator are pretty obvious targets and have no backup.

You have lots of fun toys, but not enough of the essentials. Scoring Troops and anti-mech are in short supply.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Okay so I changed up the list a little bit... Dropped the scout squad since I'm not DSing the Dread anymore... just having him fly and smoke... Dropped the armor on everything EXCEPT the Land Raider as I dont want people being able to keep it immobile with lucky shots. Assault squad has power weapons now... Replacing the scouts are Vanguard Vet's for more punch where its needed... Oh and this list should be at 2500 unlike my bad math last time.

Librarian, Epistolary, Unleash Rage, Sanguine Sword, Terminator 175

Furioso Librarian Dreadnought Wings of Sanguinius, Unleash Rage 175

Terminator Assault Squad, Land Raider Redeemer, Multi-Melta, Extra Armor 465

Sanguinary Priest, Power Sword 65 (x3) 195

Assault Squad 5 Man, Power Weapon, Razorback, Las-Plas 150 (x3) 510

Baal Predator, Flamestorm, Heavy Flamers 140 (x2) 280

Vanguard Veteran Squad, Jump Packs, Power Weapons (4) 240

Devastator Squad, Plasma Cannon (4) 150

Vindicator, Siege Shield 155 (x2) 310
A better list.

Libby is fine so are the terminators with land raider, but try and take two land raiders if you can or else it's going to attract all the fire power.

15 troops won't last long I'm afriad. You should beef them up to 10 and hide them behind the baal preds giving them a cover save at least.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts