Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why? Not really sure. Too much time watching the Ravenguard do it with the new Bladewing Brotherhood. Then I learned that Blood Angels have some really cool formations for similar. Wanted to see an assault army.

Oh, and @ntaw - the resident BA guy.

Strike Force Mortalis (Primary)

Chaplain - Valour's Edge, Inferno Pistol, Angel's Wing

DC Dreadnought - Talons, Flamer, Meltagun, Magna Grapple, Drop Pod
DC Dreadnought - Talons, Flamer, Meltagun, Magna Grapple, Drop Pod

Death Company x5 - CCW/Hand Flamer x5, Jump Packs

Stormraven - TL Lascannon, MultiMelta

Angel's Wrath Intervention Force

Assault Marines x9+1 - Hand Flamers x2, Sgt w/ BP/Hand Flamer

Veteran Vanguards - x4+1 - Hand Flamer/Inferno Pistol x4, Sgt w/ Relic Blade/Storm Shield

1850/1850

So I figure the Death Company would start on the board in hiding somewhere, as the ones that will just fly up the board. The Chaplain with his Angel Wing can reroll scatter on the VanVets, which then anchor some of the Assault Marines (figure I may combat squad). Lots of templates to be a prick.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I've yet to see a BA Formation that I actually like the rules of. Is Fury of the Forlorn better than +1 Initiative from the BSFD for DC? Not really in my games. Almost every army I face has I4 across the board and punching first makes all the difference. Besides, with two CCWs they have 5 attacks on the charge already. Crusader is kinda useless on Jump troops, but I could see how it might be nice in a Dreadnought...except you have them in Pods so when will they be Running? The other half of that rule is useless against ATSKNF, again something that comes up way too much in my games. Likewise for the Angel's Wrath stuff, Metoric Impact could lessen the impact your Flamers have on the unit they just flawlessly Deep Strike'd next to. Guided Drop? Meet an Inquisitor with 3x servo-skulls and me using Dante as a Warlord (which really isn't a bad choice considering the beast he is).

However, as for your list.

Have you really just spent 150 points on hand flamers or is it just one in each unit?

Two flamers in the squad and two hand flamers on the sergeant is the same points and a better loadout I've found. HFs being S3 requires (at times) pretty lucky dice to get armour saves rolling.

Above and beyond that, none of your squads can deal with an AV13 Walker that's charged them (aside from the Dreadnoughts, but SM 'naughts are implicitly better in combat unless we get the charge and have the +1 Initiative bonus to attack first) and there's a ton of Fearless which will stop you from making 'our weapons are useless' fleeing moves.

It all matters about what you're facing, but I'd get tabled bringing this list to my club.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts