Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,249 Posts
I agree with the flamestorm. AP3 is unnecessary on tau and the template isn't decent enough range IMO. take a normal baal and if you're not using outflank you've got a potential 60" kill range ( 18" scout move, 18" normal move, 24" shooting range) and if you do outflank you're more likely to take on the suits and 4 shots are better than 1 template.

The scouts I disagree with. There's no need for a power weapon for if those guys need a power weapon something's gone wrong. The special weapon is really if you want to have them balanced, good with infantry and vehicles(ML) or purely infantry(HB)

The tactical I'd combat squad and keep the missile launcher closer to the home objective so they can fire that the whole time and cover the rhino. if you pay 5 pts more you could swap the power weapon and meltabombs for a fist, personal choice really I just find more attacks more effective than the one attack from a bomb

for the 1850 list I would recommend DC over the terminators. they are a tau nightmare so they will soak up the fire like gun-sponges and even if they don't make it to the enemy lines your other units are pretty much untouched so they've made their points back.

the land raider itself though I've used in a tau list and they've been effective. simple strategy though. Keep it as a battle tank. have it in your lines with the predator right up in front of it. obscured as half the model is behind the predator, but with height and width it's cannons can still fire. even if the pred still gets destroyed it'll leave cover so it's not a bad idea. just some food for thought :)

· Registered
4,249 Posts
54" tactical range then sorry Wasn't paying proper attention to what I was at hehehe

Most boxes come with a fist so you're bound to have some lying around, if not keep him away from suits, make him assault the normal guys and have the fist sergeant take on the suits. Sorted then.

Using the land raider points for the DC as well you'd have a very large squad so there's a good chance they'd get to the lines in enough numbers. Best load out I see is 2 power weapons, a thunder hammer and a few infernus pistols. Balanced unit that doesn't have too many points invested in special equipment that can be lost early on

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.